Coincidence or is Glastonbury going to be cancelled

Cheddar Valley

6 hours ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

One hell of a way to throw people off the scent, a male who has never played before, Emily coming in with the top bantz

totally thats why im hesitant ... I will post the screenshot of my conversation with a friend at lunchtime .....its just a very odd coincidence .... and thought it kind of  worth mentioning 

11 hours ago, yehbutnobut said:

Have also heard this... re Oasis.

812533947_Screenshot2020-03-06at20_35_23.png.240c4a9bb96514207b85d4a44f8ae020.png

there's oasis rumours every year. All the other ones have been bollocks, and there's no reason to think this one is any different.

10 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

its a long shot ... but ..... why has Kendrik not been confirmed yet ? apart from the fact they might be saving it for the poster @eFestivals ? impossible ?

normally at least one of the headliners gets saved for the poster.

And with another show to sell that other promoter quite possibly wanted it held back.

12 hours ago, Cheddar Valley said:

I stand by my original post.  This is true but not possibly the reasons behind it.

I wouldn't bullshit about it

Love it when a new member with zero rep comes on and makes a totally outrageous claim and expects everyone to believe them.

Get back to Glasto Chat mate...

31 minutes ago, jparx said:

Not to mention, last time I checked Oasis weren't a male solo act who has never played the festival before.

also, I think it's unlikely that Liam will be cancelling a run of major festival shows he's already announced for, or Noel cancelling his shows.

(they could change them to Oasis shows of course and the ticket holders would be happy .... but that wouldn't have the brothers milking every penny from reforming, which is going to be part of it if/when it happens).

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

also, I think it's unlikely that Liam will be cancelling a run of major festival shows he's already announced for, or Noel cancelling his shows.

(they could change them to Oasis shows of course and the ticket holders would be happy .... but that wouldn't have the brothers milking every penny from reforming, which is going to be part of it if/when it happens).

And that’s before you even analyse that the public war of words is still obviously continuing with unrelenting ferocity.  I’m gonna need at least 6 months of each of them not slagging each other off on Twitter before I remotely believe any reformation rumour.

As said in my initial post I don’t really believe it either  .... but I’m sharing it in the hope there might be some vague element of truth to it .... I would kick myself if it turned out to be true and I kept quiet .. as you can all read my initial post is far from an it’s happening post 

1 hour ago, GrumpyRaver said:

And that’s before you even analyse that the public war of words is still obviously continuing with unrelenting ferocity.  I’m gonna need at least 6 months of each of them not slagging each other off on Twitter before I remotely believe any reformation rumour.

Wouldn't that be the perfect cover for a surprise reunion tho!

2 hours ago, Gwladboy said:

My mates brother knows a farmer. He said  he heard that the only people willing to play are dj’s with futuristic virus-proof helmets on.

Jason manford, Ce lo green, teddy sherringham, Denise Van houten , Justin hawkins and Alan Johnson have all said they are willing to play to.

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok here's my chat with my boss who told me about potential for oasis ....make of it what you like ....

I love the 'well we will see wont we!' When someone brings up a rumour and gets shot down with another. 

Noel is playing in Notinghamshire on the Friday :)

6 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I love the 'well we will see wont we!' When someone brings up a rumour and gets shot down with another. 

Noel is playing in Notinghamshire on the Friday :)

thats that ruled out then ... :) i did say on all my posts that its unlikely / impossible but I was sharing it anyway .... thats why it didnt get its own thread ....

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

its a long shot ... but ..... why has Kendrik not been confirmed yet ? apart from the fact they might be saving it for the poster @eFestivals ? impossible ?

While I am highly skeptical that Oasis are reforming and playing Glastonbury, I do find it kinda odd that Kendrick is being saved for the poster. I know this has happened before (I am a regular on The Thingy), but surely only when the act is booked relatively late in the day (like the Killers) or isn't that exciting (like the Killers....)

It’s rubbish. I wouldn’t probably tolerate it if it was for 2021, but not 2020 as it is settled.

Emily has said that they have three headliners pencilled in. Potentially one headliner has played before. If it’s a band which has headlined before then Oasis would fit.

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

While I am highly skeptical that Oasis are reforming and playing Glastonbury, I do find it kinda odd that Kendrick is being saved for the poster. I know this has happened before (I am a regular on The Thingy), but surely only when the act is booked relatively late in the day (like the Killers) or isn't that exciting (like the Killers....)

Just like the Cure being saved for the poster when it was seriously obvious that the Cure were doing it?

edit: sorry didn’t see the second half

Edited by Matt42

If you believe both of their documentaries they haven’t spoken to, or seen each other since they split after that Paris gig. I’d imagine they get ridiculous offers on a daily basis from various promoters to reform, there is no way they would suddenly just reunite completely out of the blue to play Glastonbury.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If you believe both of their documentaries they haven’t spoken to or seen each other since they split after than Paris gig. I’d imagine they get ridiculous offers on a daily basis from various promoters to reform, there is no way they would suddenly just reunite completely out of the blue to play Glastonbury.

Nah they have spoken since. After they both wrap up these tours then we can suggest it, but not right now.

Just now, Sasperella said:

The edit there actually makes your post pretty amusing! :lol:

Not sure I follow, but headliners have been saved for the poster more often than not. Kendrick has dates he is trying to sell so I imagine it will be kept under wraps

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s rubbish. I wouldn’t probably tolerate it if it was for 2021, but not 2020 as it is settled.

Emily has said that they have three headliners pencilled in. Potentially one headliner has played before. If it’s a band which has headlined before then Oasis would fit.

tolerate it ? what exactly are you having to tolerate ? im posting something im exceptionally highly skeptical about ... ive said it in the initial post , the conversation and on several occasions since .... I thought I would share it because if I didnt then id kick myself .... im pretty sure most people would do similar if they heard similar .... and there was also someone else saying similar ....

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

tolerate it ? what exactly are you having to tolerate ? 

It’s probably better to say entertain the discussion :P Every year we have oasis chat some shape or form. One year in the future we will be having more serious discussions as they are bound to reunite sooner or later.

I won’t tolerate oasis chat when we know the last headliner is Kendrick :P 

Just now, Matt42 said:

It’s probably better to say entertain the discussion :P Every year we have oasis chat some shape or form. One year in the future we will be having more serious discussions as they are bound to reunite sooner or later.

I won’t tolerate oasis chat when we know the last headliner is Kendrick :P 

that reads better :)