Coincidence or is Glastonbury going to be cancelled

Cheddar Valley

Just heard from a relative who works with a farmers son that has a field used for official parking EVERY year for the festival and in his words has said that for the first time Michael has told them "he doesnt want the field this year"

This could be coincidence/ rearranging parking etc or they are planning on cancelling.

Balance payments are due in just over 3 weeks so perhaps they will announce something before then.

It's just weird that we have heard nothing official yet and I know festival is in June but like I said im sure they will have to decide before balance payments.

1 minute ago, Cheddar Valley said:

Just heard from a relative who works with a farmers son that has a field used for official parking EVERY year for the festival and in his words has said that for the first time Michael has told them "he doesnt want the field this year"

This could be coincidence/ rearranging parking etc or they are planning on cancelling.

Balance payments are due in just over 3 weeks so perhaps they will announce something before then.

It's just weird that we have heard nothing official yet and I know festival is in June but like I said im sure they will have to decide before balance payments.

or the farmer has hiked his prices ? 

Calling bullshit on this. Festival wouldn't have said they were continuing to prepare only a couple days ago and then pull a complete 180, especially after the government and medical professionals said ending large events does nothing. IF the festival ends up being cancelled, which currently doesn't seem likely, we won't find out about it this way.

Edited by TownesMR

2 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Calling bullshit on this. Festival wouldn't have said they were continuing to prepare only a couple days ago and then pull a complete 180, especially after the government and medical professionals said ending large events does nothing. IF the festival ends up being cancelled, which currently doesn't seem likely, we won't find out about it this way.

I'm assuming radio 1 big weekend could get cancelled before Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, Cheddar Valley said:

I stand by my original post.  This is true but not possibly the reasons behind it.

I wouldn't bullshit about it

im not sure anyone has said you are bullshitting at all .... you probably did hear it .... similar to the fact I heard from a friend that he had heard  a friend of emilys had been told that oasis were playing the friday night pyramid .... whilst it could be true .... its indirect enough to probably not be 

I can't believe the Michael would unilaterally cancel the festival when others aren't, just days after issuing a statement that the festival, as things stand, would proceed. In fact I'd be surprised if they cancelled at all unless the government banned such events. I did wonder if they had wind of the fact that foreign acts were likely to be cancelling European tours en masse, but Lady GaGa's recent announcement suggests otherwise. Perhaps he's got beef with the farmer in question and doesn't want to use his land

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

I can't believe the Michael would unilaterally cancel the festival when others aren't, just days after issuing a statement that the festival, as things stand, would proceed. In fact I'd be surprised if they cancelled at all unless the government banned such events. I did wonder if they had wind of the fact that foreign acts were likely to be cancelling European tours en masse, but Lady GaGa's recent announcement suggests otherwise. Perhaps he's got beef with the farmer in question and doesn't want to use his land

Maybe he has an other things on mind by banning all cars from the site.

• Downvote 1