Orbital

gooner1990

2 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Hang on. I skipped Stevie for Orbital at Glastonbury, but I saw both of them at Bestival. 

Did you not enjoy the Bestival set? Absolutely loved it myself. Seeing Stevie before was just sublime as well. 

You're quite right, I had misremembered (thanks to Clashfinder). I skipped Stevie for Spiritualised and it was a mistake. Orbital were on a few hours later, but I must confess I'm struggling to remember them now.

Watching the 2010 set and it's actually even better than I remember it being! Although I think I actually know them better now so that may be a factor. 

Where did we think they were playing this year? Sonic of something weird like that? 

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Watching the 2010 set and it's actually even better than I remember it being! Although I think I actually know them better now so that may be a factor. 

Where did we think they were playing this year? Sonic of something weird like that? 

If I was booking them I'd have put them in JPT or W Holts.

On 6/26/2020 at 10:46 PM, zeppelin said:

Hang on. I skipped Stevie for Orbital at Glastonbury, but I saw both of them at Bestival. 

Did you not enjoy the Bestival set? Absolutely loved it myself. Seeing Stevie before was just sublime as well. 

I did exactly the same! 

3 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Phil said something like 'we're closing the dance stage'. There's many dance stages these days but the thinking is it'll the big dance stage in Silver Hayes, whichever one that is.

5 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Aren't they on the sonic Spotify playlist? 

Edit: I think I may have imagined that.

Edited by ogriff

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Live on the Blue Dot digital festival now - masked up and sounding great: 

https://www.discoverthebluedot.com/journal/orbital-·-live-from-london

They were really good the last time they actually played Bluedot, there is Roni Size on at 9pm and Henge on at 10pm too :D

19 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I've been watching most of the afternoon as had hoped to go this year. BCUC, HYY, Ana Matronic, Daniel Avery all been great. 

I wasn't that impressed with this guy as sound like the same trippy song for an hour :huh:

11 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I wasn't that impressed with this guy as sound like the same trippy song for an hour :huh:

I've seen him before so knew what I was in for (at Pangaea actually!). I liked it but it's a weird one to watch from your sofa. Orbital fits in better with the chilled Saturday night vibes.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...