Jon Hopkins

Gwladboy

Went to see him in Newcastle last night, it was absolutely fantastic!

The best way I can describe is it'll be similar to listening to one of his albums. Theres going to be parts where you sit and listen to Jon play beautifully on his grand piano but also bits that will be absolutely banging and everyone will be up dancing! It's all complimented by a live guitar, violin and chello too.

In short, be excited - you're going to have an amazing time!

20200305_214138_1.gif

Edited by LostHorizon

23 hours ago, Gwladboy said:

Anyone get to the Edinburgh gig last night? I’m going to see him in Bath but wondering how the all-seated thing worked?

Still hoping he’ll turn up at Glasto again too.

If you know of any spare tickets for Bath, please shout i didn't even know he was playing there until i saw this post. 

5 minutes ago, RossTC said:

If you know of any spare tickets for Bath, please shout i didn't even know he was playing there until i saw this post. 

Will do.  It’s sold out at the moment but if I hear of anything I’ll ping it on here.

5 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

Will do.  It’s sold out at the moment but if I hear of anything I’ll ping it on here.

Appreciate it thanks, just found a couple on stubhub but they are marked up! Set an alert on Twickets also.

6 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

The couple on stubhub are both stalls but ones row R and the other AA, will the stalls be seated also for this do you know?

26 minutes ago, RossTC said:

The couple on stubhub are both stalls but ones row R and the other AA, will the stalls be seated also for this do you know?

Yeah, everything is seated in all the venues on this tour.  Judging by the vids on Insta everyone is up having a rave in the second half when he plays the bangers.

15 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

Yeah, everything is seated in all the venues on this tour.  Judging by the vids on Insta everyone is up having a rave in the second half when he plays the bangers.

Ok cheers. i cant believe i missed this tour announcement, im furious with myself! This is after missing him at Glasto last year and missing him by a day in Perth, Oz in Jan also!! Its not meant to be currently!! 

Just now, RossTC said:

Ok cheers. i cant believe i missed this tour announcement, im furious with myself! This is after missing him at Glasto last year and missing him by a day in Perth, Oz in Jan also!! Its not meant to be currently!! 

Junction 2 in London if you miss it.

• Upvote 1

Be great if he does return to Glastonbury this year.

I was really looking forward to him last year but had caught too much sun last year on the Friday and was feeling a bit wiped by the evening so ended up missing most of his set as I headed back to my tent.

Edinburgh was great. Surprisingly good crowd. Everyone sitting down initially - a few people up dancing early on. One guy was thrown out for continuing to dance after security told him to sit down a few time. Thankfully they let him back in after a few minutes to cheers from the rest of the crowd. Next minute everyone was up dancing and remained that way for the rest of the set except for a few quieter songs. Sound was cracking. Set was a bit short though. Another 30mins would have been good. 

32 minutes ago, kk1977 said:

Edinburgh was great. Surprisingly good crowd. Everyone sitting down initially - a few people up dancing early on. One guy was thrown out for continuing to dance after security told him to sit down a few time. Thankfully they let him back in after a few minutes to cheers from the rest of the crowd. Next minute everyone was up dancing and remained that way for the rest of the set except for a few quieter songs. Sound was cracking. Set was a bit short though. Another 30mins would have been good. 

That sounds wicked. Loved that the crowd cheered his return.

2 hours ago, dondo said:

Be great if he does return to Glastonbury this year.

I was really looking forward to him last year but had caught too much sun last year on the Friday and was feeling a bit wiped by the evening so ended up missing most of his set as I headed back to my tent.

I’d love it if he comes back. I’m just unsure if a stage headliner can come back a year later and play in the dance tents?  Wouldn’t whatever he did now be too big and need a stage?  I’d love to see him on the Thursday like he did last year.