Food Stalls 2020

Dukeicon

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That looks delicious, I take it the chips are done in lard , not poncy sunflower oil. As an aside Knights chippy in Glastonbury town do decent chips.

Been thinking of staying the night before I set up camp (Sunday this year) so that’s a good shout - thanks!

I love reading through this thread, I've had some awesome food at Glastonbury; that's a core of the festival for me - I always find a few places I've missed as I'm heading out too! 

On a similar note, I once had this brilliant thing at Boomtown (I've discussed it on here before), it was a hollowed out baguette filled with fresh chilli. It was a South African dish, I'd love to find that again at Glastonbury (tickets permitting!). 

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I love reading through this thread, I've had some awesome food at Glastonbury; that's a core of the festival for me - I always find a few places I've missed as I'm heading out too! 

On a similar note, I once had this brilliant thing at Boomtown (I've discussed it on here before), it was a hollowed out baguette filled with fresh chilli. It was a South African dish, I'd love to find that again at Glastonbury (tickets permitting!). 

That would be https://www.bunnymans.com/ I had a Bunny Chow that you describe at Camp Bestival some years ago. Don't think they have ever had a stall at Glastonbury though. :)

Edited by StoneCircle

They had Bunny Chow (dunno if it was that specific stall) in 2010 or 2014, on the run between the pyramid and the bottom of silver Hayes. I remember perving at one and deciding to come back and get one when I was next hungry: but of course I didn’t, because ya never do in that situation . . . the moral of my story is eat when it’s in front of you, don’t put meals off til later! If that means five meals a day then so be it 🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, surfbunnyuk said:

Just had a look at their website and it says Glastonbury on there...

Good. Sounds like that could be something that could be quite perfect for when you are absolutely starving and need to carb load!! I just hope the potatoes are always perfectly cooked as even slightly hard potato makes me feel sick. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, balti-pie said:

They had Bunny Chow (dunno if it was that specific stall) in 2010 or 2014, on the run between the pyramid and the bottom of silver Hayes. I remember perving at one and deciding to come back and get one when I was next hungry: but of course I didn’t, because ya never do in that situation . . . the moral of my story is eat when it’s in front of you, don’t put meals off til later! If that means five meals a day then so be it 🤣🤣🤣

The moral of your story is my mantra for life...

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 1:36 PM, March Hare said:

These guys are building up their business at the moment - bumped into them at Green Man.  Lovely friendly people. This is a cracking idea. It’s a new business - send them a like/share.

Roast potatoes with toppings, yum!

https://www.facebook.com/hotp.tatoes/

so going to try them

• Upvote 1