Food Stalls 2020

Dukeicon

7 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I assume that's why it didn't register on my radar last year. I ate lots of smaller snacks last year don't think I've ever spent more on food but smaller meals. I also had ice cream a lot!! :D 

I had completely forgotten about the volume of ice cream I consumed! one of our group would wander off then come back with a handful of them, must have had 3 a day

19 minutes ago, moams said:

Where’s the best place for breakfast in the morning? Can’t start the day without a good bit of bacon. 

there tended to be a few generic breakfast places about but nothing great I found, and the most stale bread rolls ive ever tasted! (actual breakfast fillings not bad - 5/10)

11 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

there tended to be a few generic breakfast places about but nothing great I found, and the most stale bread rolls ive ever tasted! (actual breakfast fillings not bad - 5/10)

Thanks, probably just go to the first one I stumble across then 

58 minutes ago, moams said:

Where’s the best place for breakfast in the morning? Can’t start the day without a good bit of bacon. 

Three good options come immediately to mind -

The Cornish Pasty Mine have a "Breakfast Bar", which does a decent Bacon & Egg Cob at a sensible price and serves through the day. They've been located on Silver Hayes Road since forever, and last year also had a second location in the Main Markets.

The Welsh Oggie / Steak Sandwich stall do an excellent and well priced Breakfast Baguette until about noon. Located between the Other Stage and Silver Hayes.

The Divers Diner a full sit down plated breakfast (and cobs). Located at the bottom of Cockmill, on the path between the Pyramid and Acoustic Stages.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, incident said:

The Cornish Pasty Mine have a "Breakfast Bar", which does a decent Bacon & Egg Cob at a sensible price and serves through the day. They've been located on Silver Hayes Road since forever, and last year also had a second location in the Main Markets.

The Welsh Oggie / Steak Sandwich stall do an excellent and well priced Breakfast Baguette until about noon. Located between the Other Stage and Silver Hayes.

The Divers Diner a full sit down plated breakfast (and cobs). Located at the bottom of Cockmill, on the path between the Pyramid and Acoustic Stages.

Is cobs - toast ?

25 minutes ago, incident said:

Looks like I’ll be trying all 3 over the weekend. I do have to agree though it is definitely a cob 😂

12 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I think we can all unite over the fact that whatever you call it, it’s definitely not a fucking teacake because a teacake has currants and is toasted! 
roll cob bap batch barm all acceptable to me 👍🏻

In that case can we also agree it’s definitely not a bread cake?

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2020 at 6:16 PM, balti-pie said:

I think we can all unite over the fact that whatever you call it, it’s definitely not a fucking teacake because a teacake has currants and is toasted! 
roll cob bap batch barm all acceptable to me 👍🏻

27BBA280-CD1E-4473-A7DA-AADB1229E6C5.jpeg.06e47ba0843b676db3fe953ee0a5a493.jpeg

a tea cake is a chocolate covered mallow filled biscuit. 😁

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, March Hare said:

It is a teacake. @Wellyboot is correct. Tunnocks have been making that mistake for years on the packaging. 

A teacake is a light yeast based sweet bun designed to be taken with afternoon tea in Polite English society.   A tea cake is a Tunnocks creation comprised of mallow, chocolate and biscuit base designed to ruin the teeth of the Scottish nations children😁.  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A teacake is a light yeast based sweet bun designed to be taken with afternoon tea in Polite English society.   A tea cake is a Tunnocks creation comprised of mallow, chocolate and biscuit base designed to ruin the teeth of the Scottish nations children😁.  

If I go to a Lancashire chippy (a proper chippy) and ask for a chip tea cake they will serve me this. And it’s beautiful. Buttered, bit of vinegar on the bread. 
One day I will open a food stall at Glasto, not got an idea yet but chip tea cakes is now on the list.

00478051-C1AA-43C4-A5F9-3517219A119D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, March Hare said:

If I go to a Lancashire chippy (a proper chippy) and ask for a chip tea cake they will serve me this. And it’s beautiful. Buttered, bit of vinegar on the bread. 
One day I will open a food stall at Glasto, not got an idea yet but chip tea cakes is now on the list.

That looks delicious, I take it the chips are done in lard , not poncy sunflower oil. As an aside Knights chippy in Glastonbury town do decent chips.

4 minutes ago, March Hare said:

That's called a chip barmcake in west Lancashire 🙂