Food Stalls 2020

Dukeicon

18 hours ago, March Hare said:

Did someone say 4 samosas for £5? It came with mango chutney and a couple of other dips. Was lush!! My oh my, what a snack 😍

On the subject of samosas, a big shout out for the ones sold by Ghandi's Flip Flop.  Truly the King of Samosas.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

I put a list together for Karen for last year. Will try and do the same again. 

The Vegan Maki sushi stall in Williams Green is great, I remember that. 

Will also be relying on you to remind me to eat. 

11 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Will also be relying on you to remind me to eat. 

Sure I've said it before, but I really struggle to understand this!  Maybe it's just because I love my food at the best of times, but with so much around and the fact that I walk past so many stalls when moving between stages, I just don't get how people forget to eat!

Speculation that I have the munchies for 5 days solid is neither here nor there and I'll thank you to mind your beeswax thank you so very much no further questions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Quark said:

Sure I've said it before, but I really struggle to understand this!  Maybe it's just because I love my food at the best of times, but with so much around and the fact that I walk past so many stalls when moving between stages, I just don't get how people forget to eat!

Speculation that I have the munchies for 5 days solid is neither here nor there and I'll thank you to mind your beeswax thank you so very much no further questions.

I think one of the issues for me in 2017 was staying at TF. The food options there are pretty grim (even just comparing to WV where we'd camped the previous two years), and with it being such a jaunt to get to Williams Green and back you end up saying "ah I'll just wait until we head in to see the first act", then proceed to have a breakfast of McCoy's and lager. 

Once you're in you tend to lose your appetite, ahem, and on that note I'll also request no further questions. 

22 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Is there anywhere onsite that does ramen/ miso soups that anyone can think of? 

Not that I can think of although must confess I've never really looked as when I'm at Glastonbury I tend to avoid the noodle places because of a bad experience in my first year.

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Not that I can think of although must confess I've never really looked as when I'm at Glastonbury I tend to avoid the noodle places because of a bad experience in my first year.

Yeah I guess noodles can be very hit and miss.

Sometimes if I'm feeling a bit hungover and can't face eating a broth can do wonders so I'd be happy with just miso. 

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think one of the issues for me in 2017 was staying at TF. The food options there are pretty grim (even just comparing to WV where we'd camped the previous two years), and with it being such a jaunt to get to Williams Green and back you end up saying "ah I'll just wait until we head in to see the first act", then proceed to have a breakfast of McCoy's and lager. 

Once you're in you tend to lose your appetite, ahem, and on that note I'll also request no further questions. 

The same thing happes in the general camping areas too!

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Anyone got any food recommendations for around the John Peel area ? thats where I tend to be at supper time when I eat my main meal before the night begins 

Not a main meal but there was a corn on the cob place near there in 2017 which had the best corn in a garlicky butter! 

32 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Yeah I guess noodles can be very hit and miss.

Sometimes if I'm feeling a bit hungover and can't face eating a broth can do wonders so I'd be happy with just miso. 

I know there was a soup library. Can't remember when I last saw it but they might do something that hits the spot. 

5 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I know there was a soup library. Can't remember when I last saw it but they might do something that hits the spot. 

That was on Williams Green, it was there in 2018, can't honestly say I noticed it last year as soup was the last thing on my mind in that heat!! It was just down from the Benn Tower of Strength (which was known before as LeftField Tower) on the same side, before the seating area.

9 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Anyone got any food recommendations for around the John Peel area ? thats where I tend to be at supper time when I eat my main meal before the night begins 

There’s been a good burger place there the past couple of years

13 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

That was on Williams Green, it was there in 2018, can't honestly say I noticed it last year as soup was the last thing on my mind in that heat!! It was just down from the Benn Tower of Strength (which was known before as LeftField Tower) on the same side, before the seating area.

Yes I assume that's why it didn't register on my radar last year. I ate lots of smaller snacks last year don't think I've ever spent more on food but smaller meals. I also had ice cream a lot!! :D