Food Stalls 2020

Dukeicon

31 minutes ago, Quark said:

I may have voiced an opinion to friends that I occasionally view it as a food festival with some bands on in the background...

Particularly with the terrible music nonsense on the lineup announced so far 🤣🤣🤣👀 (awaits my inevitable downvoting) 

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Can strongly recommend Happy Maki, Dosa Deli and somewhere last year that did vegan fish "vish" tacos. Hope they're all there this year.

Thanks I'm going to have to start up a list I think! 

I agree with the sentiments of it being a food as well as music festival. Where else can you get so much choice of actually great quality food! There is a reason the food pitches are so in demand. 

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

You've got Aerosmith, what more do you want granddad? :D

That’s broadly good news, except they’re definitely going to play THAT bloody song aren’t they 😩 

im all a-quiver over the earache announcements, that’ll be me for the weekend! 

hang on: must remain foodcentric in this thread. Really looking forward to returning to le rac shack, cos I tried that dreadful crap in the bus in the west holts field last year and frankly, f**k those guys 

The Gravy Train Poutine have confirmed they will be there as well. Think people on this forum have a bit of a love/hate relationship with them. I'm in the love camp so if I get a ticket I will definitely be going for some late night poutine!! Incidentally I reached my highest ever step count for a day last year when I reached 60k steps in the queue for some poutine!! 

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

That’s broadly good news, except they’re definitely going to play THAT bloody song aren’t they 😩 

im all a-quiver over the earache announcements, that’ll be me for the weekend! 

hang on: must remain foodcentric in this thread. Really looking forward to returning to le rac shack, cos I tried that dreadful crap in the bus in the west holts field last year and frankly, f**k those guys 

Hum. Rac Shack was definitely down in quality last year from previous. I felt that where they've got bigger there was a noticeable drop off.

I'm hoping that was a blip and they're back on form this year.

EDIT: also, yes that song can get in the bin.

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Hey as I have pointed out in the Get fit for Glastonbury I have lost 6 stone since January 2019. I didn't achieve that weight without taking my food seriously!!! And now I eat far less of it the quality of it has to be spot on!! :D

Oh wow, that's incredible - seriously well done!

It's great how eating less food gives you a whole new appreciate for it, haha.

7 hours ago, gigpusher said:

They are the ones in Avalon and I am sure they did a samosa platter. They are next to Truly Crumptious who had better be there because they do the best crumpets. 

Truly Crumptious are great- always a firm favourite of ours at WOMAD,

49 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Anyone know if the Pyramid Subs are any good? 

Down to opinion really. Not a big fan of Lana, but I'll probably see Noel before McCartney. Not sure about the Sunday sub though, I might be somewhere else on site.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

You should head straight to the Goan fish curry stall nevertheless! I’ve been having a veggie day at Glastonbury for the last few years, just to freshen up the ol palate and try some different things - I’m a meat eater, but eating it less and less - and the tikka daal and rice at the Goan place is absolutely frickin amazing and beats the shite out of the actual fish curry. Very, very recommended. 

Had a bash of the vegan fried chikn last year on the advice of a drunken, starving vegan mate of mine and that was delicious 😋 

truly crumptious is excellent as well 👍🏻 Tbf I’m more excited about the food than I ever am about the bands 🤣🤣🤣  

Sold!

There was a place by the Other Stage IIRC that did some seafood type stuff. I hope they're there again, they forgot to charge me for some calamari because I unintentionally distracted them with a 'Tent'acle joke/sales pitch just before a swarm of people came in and drunk me forgot he hadn't paid for laughing too much at his own joke. Was great food though, was pleasantly surprised, will be visiting again if they return, with fresh material 

3 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Whereabouts was this please? 

Last time they were opposite the entrance to the Acoustic field but this is the response I got from them today. 
Charm x

Hi Charmaine,

Lovely to hear from you......your complimentary comments are a pleasure to hear. 

Glastonbury have changed their layout a bit this year, so we will be nearer the Pyramid stage. 

Look forward to seeing you there. 

Rob x

44 minutes ago, waltere said:

Interesting

Yeah, due to the 50th they've had to re-arange some stages, the tent line at the back of the Pyramid is being moved back (as said by Emily) to make way for the Other stage. They've decided to move it because of the clashes that will occur across the weekend. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. 

10 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Yeah, due to the 50th they've had to re-arange some stages, the tent line at the back of the Pyramid is being moved back (as said by Emily) to make way for the Other stage. They've decided to move it because of the clashes that will occur across the weekend. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. 

I thought what we had seen was a pyramid field expansion ? Which might mean the tent line at the top of the field not behind the pyramid 

12 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think my plan this year is to try and identify one (maybe two) stall per stage/area in advance so I've at least narrowed the options a little before I arrive. Will be relying on this thread heavily for that info!

I put a list together for Karen for last year. Will try and do the same again. 

The Vegan Maki sushi stall in Williams Green is great, I remember that. 

10 hours ago, Charm said:

Last time they were opposite the entrance to the Acoustic field but this is the response I got from them today. 
Charm x

Hi Charmaine,

Lovely to hear from you......your complimentary comments are a pleasure to hear. 

Glastonbury have changed their layout a bit this year, so we will be nearer the Pyramid stage. 

Look forward to seeing you there. 

Rob x

Thanks Charm

Battered chips and vegan curry sauce sounds like a Saturday lunch time treat I’ll be all over!

15 hours ago, fat_man_joe said:

Oh wow, that's incredible - seriously well done!

It's great how eating less food gives you a whole new appreciate for it, haha.

Oh yes I try not to be a music snob or a food snob too much but I think I definitely fail more often when it comes to food snobbery!!