Food Stalls 2020

Dukeicon

Just now, Hotchilidog said:

My favourites from last year were the enormous Dosas and the vegan stall opposite the Leftfield think it was called Club Mexicana

Club Mexicana have confirmed they will be back this year. 
Charm x

• Upvote 1

I've never had an ounce of excitement about food stalls at festivals. I'm there to consume lots of drugs, not overpriced food.

Ill maybe have one thing per day after waking up and necking several Polish lagers. Often a pie and mash and its very stodgy and not the worst value for money. The carbs etc will do you well for 24 hours at least. i see it as purely fuel, not something to enjoy. 

Saying that, I have a mate who likes to go round and do a runner with food from stalls, before they ask him to pay. Works every time! Some chump who is working for free for their ticket on the stall, who is hungover and coming down is hardly likely to chase after someone who hasnt paid for the food. So my mate ends up throughout the day every now and again having a plate of something he doesnt even want and just gives it away to whoever fancies a nibble. That normally keeps me going when i cant be arsed to spend a tenner on something i'm too mashed to eat anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 7

1 minute ago, Cool Glasto Guy said:

I've never had an ounce of excitement about food stalls at festivals. I'm there to consume lots of drugs, not overpriced food.

Ill maybe have one thing per day after waking up and necking several Polish lagers. Often a pie and mash and its very stodgy and not the worst value for money. The carbs etc will do you well for 24 hours at least. i see it as purely fuel, not something to enjoy. 

Saying that, I have a mate who likes to go round and do a runner with food from stalls, before they ask him to pay. Works every time! Some chump who is working for free for their ticket on the stall, who is hungover and coming down is hardly likely to chase after someone who hasnt paid for the food. So my mate ends up throughout the day every now and again having a plate of something he doesnt even want and just gives it away to whoever fancies a nibble. That normally keeps me going when i cant be arsed to spend a tenner on something i'm too mashed to eat anyway. 

wow.... :( 

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

I'm hoping Strumpets with Crumpets return. Had many a hungover peanut butter crumpet and tea from there in the early-morning sun.

And what can I say, I like the strumpets, too.

9 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Truly Crumptious in the Avalon fields are sooo superior to Strumpets with Crumpets in every possible way. I would highly recommend them. They actually make their crumpets from scratch. Utterly delicious sweet and savoury options. 

Sadly, the Strumpets have retired and strump no more.

12 minutes ago, Cool Glasto Guy said:

Saying that, I have a mate who likes to go round and do a runner with food from stalls, before they ask him to pay. Works every time! Some chump who is working for free for their ticket on the stall, who is hungover and coming down is hardly likely to chase after someone who hasnt paid for the food.

That's not even possible.

Which food stalls give you the food before you pay?  None.

42 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Truly Crumptious in the Avalon fields are sooo superior to Strumpets with Crumpets in every possible way. I would highly recommend them. They actually make their crumpets from scratch. Utterly delicious sweet and savoury options. 

Yes, but do they have strumpets?