Resale helpers Required ..... (post 10,000)

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Excellent ... much appreciated trying to get the help organised and allocated a little bit so people can have a bit of confidence that the help is there and I know it is :) 

I will be able to call upon some of my festival friends ( not on here) to help out too. Most of our group who didn’t get tickets will be working it now, so we can help you all on here.

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I will be able to call upon some of my festival friends ( not on here) to help out too. Most of our group who didn’t get tickets will be working it now, so we can help you all on here.

amazing thanks .... depending on how you want to do it .... the spreadsheet is accessible .... and im sure many happy to give card info but thats up to you and individuals 

15 minutes ago, Bovla said:

Thanks to everyone who said they'd help already, the community on here is so great!!

Hopefully we'll all be able to celebrate the 59th together on the farm come June 

lets get to the 50th first :) we will worry about the 59th in a bit :) 

I’m in to help. I’ve managed to get a few of my friends to help too, they secured my ticket in October.

I’m already helping a group of 4 but hopefully @Charm gets her volunteer spot which may free up some space for another 2 with @vintagelaureate and his friend. Not sure how that would work though so I’ll leave that to him to sort out if/WHEN Charm gets her volunteer spot :) 

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Like 2

Just now, DareToDibble said:

I’m in to help. I’ve managed to get a few of my friends to help too, they secured my ticket in October.

I’m already helping a group of 4 but hopefully @Charm gets her volunteer spot which may free up some space with @vintagelaureate. Not sure how that would work so I’ll leave that to him to sort out if/WHEN Charm gets her volunteer spot :) 

might involve a little switching about after volunteers / bus sales are sorted theres a few trying those options but if we sort them earlier theres a bigger group trying for a smaller pool .... cheers for the support :) 

4 hours ago, Mark H said:

You can start a WhatsApp group, Chat and build some trust, and then only provide or receive the card details once someone is through to the payment page.

A what's that now? (I'm a bit of a Luddite with no smartphone :pardon:).

Anyways, since posting that I was eager to help, I have remembered that I'm already obliged to someone from work whos list/spreadsheet/ticket buying army I joined for the original sale. It's a big (almost 30) list and, given how quick resale tickets will go, I doubt they'll all get through the process, but, if they do, I will be right back on here offering my help.

3 hours ago, YourMonkeyWrench said:

I have a pre loadable CC. 

I reckon this is a top tip. A way to limit possible losses if you don't necessarily know/trust/have ever met persons on the list.

I think (i.e. this is mere speculation) that that's what above mentioned workmate and their TBA do.

I got their first six in October, mentioned that I was still trying for more and said workmate got a bit flustered in a, "Hang on, I'll have to load that card a bit more", type of way.

I'm not sure what I thought was going on. I was only given the one card number for the whole list.

So, £300 quid they must have had on that (at least). That was just for deposits. Good job I contacted them after the first six. What if I'd got all thirty? £1500. I could have bankrupted them.

Don't you have to pay full wack immediately in the resales? Is it max of four? So that's £1080 you'll need to pre-load at least (postage & booking fees etc.). £1620 if it's still six.

Still a real top tip though I think. Whatever was going on.

6 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Congratulations @crazyfool1..! 10,000 posts is quite the achievement...

As for that @Superscally.. I was under the impression we were all but engaged and here he is flaunting himself to anyone with a computer and a spare half hour..!

Ah, resale spreadsheet wise we are, but we want help from beyond our own desperate selves. We require the great and good of Efests and beyond. If someone else manages to sort me out, then I'm free quicker to get on the case of spreadsheeters. Hopefully it would mean I'm free and clear to start instantly on your case Sunday am. Fear not, my dear @BlueDaze, you still mine.

13 hours ago, Superscally said:

I'm no good at chatting people up. My last post was the resale equivalent of signing up to Tinder. I'm just hoping someone swipes right on me. 😘

Lol maybe we can do our bit for Manchester/Liverpool relations and team up!! 

9 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Congratulations @crazyfool1..! 10,000 posts is quite the achievement...

As for that @Superscally.. I was under the impression we were all but engaged and here he is flaunting himself to anyone with a computer and a spare half hour..!

I remember having a conversation once about how on earth some of the regulars on here get to that number of posts ... I think it was with @stuartbert two hats ... never thought for one min I would get there ... the forum sucks you in :) 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Congrats @crazyfool1om the 10000 post and yes any help will be much appreciated. Also, my boss has said the Revolut card you can do a transfer back to your bank account if you don't get tickets so the risk should be minimal. We are going to trial it with my husband's just to make sure though. 

Excellent teaming up and teaming up is how we get this thing working ... and outsiders more than anything :)