Jump to content
Jack.194

Coach travel (not coach package)

Recommended Posts

If anyone has travelled by coach AND car before I would greatly appreciate your insight!

I travelled by car last year, and got there on the Tuesday night, this year I'm travelling by coach (I couldn't get a coach package, but I booked a coach from Birmingham to 'Glastonbury Festival' and I arrive at 06:30am). I've just got a couple of questions;

- Do coach travellers queue in the same queue as people who have travelled by car, or are they each in separate queue? (I've heard varying things regarding this).

- Is there any difference between travelling down by coach with a coach package ticket, and just a general National Express coach ticket (apart from the former getting their festival ticket on the coach)?

- A friend in my group is driving (getting to the festival for the Tuesday night like last year) and we're sharing a tent, we're not sure who would be best to take the tent, as we don't know who's more likely to get in first?

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 5:27 PM, Jack.194 said:

If anyone has travelled by coach AND car before I would greatly appreciate your insight!

I travelled by car last year, and got there on the Tuesday night, this year I'm travelling by coach (I couldn't get a coach package, but I booked a coach from Birmingham to 'Glastonbury Festival' and I arrive at 06:30am). I've just got a couple of questions;

- Do coach travellers queue in the same queue as people who have travelled by car, or are they each in separate queue? (I've heard varying things regarding this).

- Is there any difference between travelling down by coach with a coach package ticket, and just a general National Express coach ticket (apart from the former getting their festival ticket on the coach)?

- A friend in my group is driving (getting to the festival for the Tuesday night like last year) and we're sharing a tent, we're not sure who would be best to take the tent, as we don't know who's more likely to get in first?

Thanks in advance!

All persons travelling by coach, whether it be on a ticket/coach package or National Express arrive at the coach park and enter via seperate queues at Gate A to those arriving by car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 5:27 PM, Jack.194 said:

If anyone has travelled by coach AND car before I would greatly appreciate your insight!

I travelled by car last year, and got there on the Tuesday night, this year I'm travelling by coach (I couldn't get a coach package, but I booked a coach from Birmingham to 'Glastonbury Festival' and I arrive at 06:30am). I've just got a couple of questions;

- Do coach travellers queue in the same queue as people who have travelled by car, or are they each in separate queue? (I've heard varying things regarding this).

- Is there any difference between travelling down by coach with a coach package ticket, and just a general National Express coach ticket (apart from the former getting their festival ticket on the coach)?

- A friend in my group is driving (getting to the festival for the Tuesday night like last year) and we're sharing a tent, we're not sure who would be best to take the tent, as we don't know who's more likely to get in first?

Thanks in advance!

I suppose it depends on where you plan on camping and also your journey to the coach pick up point. If your friend is entering through the opposite side of the site (through Gates B or C) and you plan on camping on that side in maybe Big Ground or Kidney Mead or even if you plan on camping on the southern side of the   western side of the site in Paines, Pennards, Park Home etc and your friend is coming through Gate D then it might make sense he or she taking the tent. 
Also your friend has the luxury of the car so if they took the tent they could enter the festival with the tent and the essentials and then head back to the car for the rest of their stuff / supplies. Whereas you will only have the one journey carrying all of your things with you at once so not having to lug a tent along with all of your kit and supplies might be a bit of a burden off your shoulders. Here is a map of the site where you can see where the 4 gates are situated, as @Lycra has already mentioned all of the coaches and public transport travellers enter the site through the pedestrian Gate A

DB51ABDF-C1C9-41C6-914B-E4508B6CA951.jpeg

Edited by lukethekid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found gate A pretty quick most years. I would maybe say you take the tent but your friend relieve you of some of your supplies which you can then collect from the car park later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

I've found gate A pretty quick most years. I would maybe say you take the tent but your friend relieve you of some of your supplies which you can then collect from the car park later.

Not easy to do this as there is no access to the car park from the coach park. Although those arriving by coach and those arriving by car both enter at Gate A, the queues of each are segregated by fencing and well apart from each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lycra said:

 

Not easy to do this as there is no access to the car park from the coach park. Although those arriving by coach and those arriving by car both enter at Gate A, the queues of each are segregated by fencing and well apart from each other.

I'm not suggesting you'd need to access the car park from the coach area. I'm suggesting that once they are all in they can go back out to the cars later on to collect any extra bits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...