Manics...

4AssedMonkey

16 hours ago, Simpo said:

Dunno why I managed to leave it so long, bit I saw them last summer at Kendal for the first time in ages... (Went with Jack White in 2014, which was a minor disappointment.)

Really unexpectedly, a few tears fell when they came on and played Motorcycle Emptiness. I was completely in my element for the next 80 minutes or whatever, rain be damned.

Reallyinteresting setlist, Tsunami and Little Baby Nothing amongst the big hitters. Well done to them for the way they go about building their setlists after all these years. 

Last time they played Glasto they played Die In The Summertime which is my favourite song off The Holy Bible, so yeah they do a good job with their set lists.

Saw them a couple of years ago at the Isle of Wight, was never really that into them when they were big big (i suppose it was around 2000ish?), but have to say they pulled a blinder of a set out, really really enjoyed watching them, hit after hit and very tight (as you would expect after this long). So my advice is, if you are thinking about it but unsure, then they are definitely worthwhile watching. 

My first gig was Manics in 2004, and it was around the time a section of fans from the foreverdelayed message board started shouting for Sleepflower at gigs. They got called cheeky fuckers, the song got called soft metal shite, and they even teased the first few bars of it...

Then it actually came out for a few tours after that!! To much rejoicing.

So the campaign to bring it back starts now!!!

34 minutes ago, Simpo said:

My first gig was Manics in 2004, and it was around the time a section of fans from the foreverdelayed message board started shouting for Sleepflower at gigs. They got called cheeky fuckers, the song got called soft metal shite, and they even teased the first few bars of it...

Ah the old foreverdelayed forum. Spent so much time on there. Is it still going I wonder.

5 minutes ago, harderfaster said:

Speaking of which, the song 4 Ever Delayed is an underrated banger. 

Totally agreed! It often gets rated beneath other tracks on the Every Manics Song rating polls and I just don't understand why. It's up there above most album tracks in the post-2000 era.

54 minutes ago, Simpo said:

They played it on their most recent tour too!

• Like 1

Dear God. I know I said you don’t exist, but, y’know, bygones. Anyway please please please make sure the Manics play Friday and NOT Saturday. Many thanks, amen and all that. 4AM.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Headlining the Park on either Friday or Saturday apparently for those who may have missed it. That’ll be a hell of a set - gutted I wouldn’t be there for it.

Please make it Friday.

I'd be looking at Manics / Macca / PSB headliners and that's just too good.

11 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Blergh. Awful placing. Perfect Other late afternoon.

Park headline is perfect for them.  Mid afternoon Other would be an absolute waste of a band like the Manics, just end up being fodder.

Going to be all over this, that's my first headliner confirmed. Also going to be my first Park headliner!

14 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Please make it Friday.

I'd be looking at Manics / Macca / PSB headliners and that's just too good.

My plan exactly. Come on Eavii, don’t do this to me. Friday PLEASE.

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Headlining the Park on either Friday or Saturday apparently for those who may have missed it. That’ll be a hell of a set - gutted I wouldn’t be there for it.

Fuck. What???? Surely Friday? Oh man that would make it for me. No way will they clash with Macca....