Manics...

4AssedMonkey

It seems a bit weird that they would write it down without a booking... Green Day and Killers support are confirmed and written down as well. I think it's a definite TBC.

Personally very pleased by them appearing, though terribly anxious that they are going to clash with somebody I want to see too. As I caught Manics in '18 and '19, they would likely lose in a clash battle (especially against Macca or PSB). If rumours of them headlining in JP are true I'd love it. Never seen a JP headliner and I think they'd be perfect, almost a throwback to the hot sweaty clubs of the early 90s.

16 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

I thought it was a confirmation, too. But then a friend of mine said the Manics posted a similar thing last year with a teaser about doing a setlist full of songs where only Nicky does the vocals. 

So perhaps it's all a ruse?

Can't find the post, mind.

from what I can remember, some of the post seemed to refer to the Killers, who Manics are supporting at some shows - so the conclusion was it was talking about upcoming shows.

Edited by eFestivals

Yeah, looks like they're rehearsing some covers for upcoming festivals and the Killers and Green Day support slots. That definitely won't be their setlist. Don't see why they'd write down Glasto if they weren't playing. Nicky's overt trolling days are somewhat behind him. Somewhat. 

21 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

So to conclude... whilst I frantically skim read at work... Are Manics playing GF? Scale of 1-10.... 10 being 100%.

Help 

4 hours ago, ErnestWorthing said:

I'd say 9.5

Casting a vote for No Feelings 'ere.

7 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Yeah they’ll be there, based on the post. I’m hoping John Peel Sunday night, but suspect they’ll play mid-late afternoon on the Other.

They're playing in Halifax on Sunday. So Saturday or Friday. I reckon 4th or 3rd down on Other, Saturday. Or JP in Friday as counter programming to Kendrick. 

9 minutes ago, admscott said:

They're playing in Halifax on Sunday. So Saturday or Friday. I reckon 4th or 3rd down on Other, Saturday. Or JP in Friday as counter programming to Kendrick. 

I've not seen a JP headliner since the 40th so I'd happily take that.

Dunno why I managed to leave it so long, bit I saw them last summer at Kendal for the first time in ages... (Went with Jack White in 2014, which was a minor disappointment.)

Really unexpectedly, a few tears fell when they came on and played Motorcycle Emptiness. I was completely in my element for the next 80 minutes or whatever, rain be damned.

Reallyinteresting setlist, Tsunami and Little Baby Nothing amongst the big hitters. Well done to them for the way they go about building their setlists after all these years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admscott said:

This would be the dream for me. No clash with Macca or Swift. It would make my Glasto. 

1 hour ago, petewilson09 said:

Have we not had info that Editors are headlining JPon the friday night?

Didn't know that! Can't see them being opposite Macca. So afternoon slot then? They usually crack out the hits, so should be a good one!

12 hours ago, admscott said:

Completely forgot about the Halifax gig, that throws a spanner in the works. Early evening on the Other seems most likely, especially if Editors are headlining Friday JP.

Unless.... Friday morning Other opener?