Its suddenly just hit me we probably wont be going.

angelin

I couldnt put off booking my flights to Vancouver any longer and it was cheaper to land the Thursday morning. Thats it then, isnt it? Even if we are lucky in the resale it will be impossible to find camping  on the Friday. 

we’ve been in this position many times before and weve always got lucky barr once. Theres never been ten of us though. Usually half have got them by now.

Has anyone else made contingency plans?

33 minutes ago, angelin said:

I couldnt put off booking my flights to Vancouver any longer and it was cheaper to land the Thursday morning. Thats it then, isnt it? Even if we are lucky in the resale it will be impossible to find camping  on the Friday. 

we’ve been in this position many times before and weve always got lucky barr once. Theres never been ten of us though. Usually half have got them by now.

Has anyone else made contingency plans?

Theres quite a lot of teachers that come Friday and still return year after year having had an awesome festival ... its about getting your mind adapted to what you are going to get and getting on with it .... and the workers who love it despite missing some of the acts 

• Upvote 1

Yes, let’s get the tickets first then I’ll adapt my mind 😃

I’m not one to spring back from jet lag I’m afraid. I’m no spring chicken! 

The last time we were in this position we got them in the secret resales, remember those? I was off work and alerted everyone on here to them. It was the first year of secret resales not announced or anything. 

2 minutes ago, angelin said:

Yes, let’s get the tickets first then I’ll adapt my mind 😃

I’m not one to spring back from jet lag I’m afraid. I’m no spring chicken! 

The last time we were in this position we got them in the secret resales, remember those? I was off work and alerted everyone on here to them. It was the first year of secret resales not announced or anything. 

theyve helped me in the past ... not happened the last 2 years .... but this year might bring something different ... with other things happening in the world 

12 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We actually arrive Wednesday but camp in Bushy out of choice as Pennards is my idea of hell.

Why's that, ZMG? Just out of interest. I've only ever camped in Pennards so don't know any different. I've done it for location, but do have to put up with the sardines element of it all.

I can't bring myself to make contingency plans until all hope is lost but it has been a really tough year for me as a result. So much so that I have made myself promise that in future I will accept the fate of the ticket gods in October and not put myself through this again. Doesn't help that work has been relentlessly shit for months as well so not having Glastonbury to definitively look forward to has hit worse than normal. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Why's that, ZMG? Just out of interest. I've only ever camped in Pennards so don't know any different. I've done it for location, but do have to put up with the sardines element of it all.

I need my sleep! That's the main reason. It's much quieter out in Bushy and you aren't rammed in like sardines. I used to camp in Park Home years back and was awake all night even with earplugs.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You should consider giving up your ticket to someone thats going to make better use of it. Not turning up until Friday, when someone else would get there on a Wednesday, is effectively a waste of a ticket for a fair chunk of the festival. 

Sounds like you bag tickets every year anyway, so perhaps no biggie for you, even more reason to let someone else who might have never been before to chance to have the ticket. 

• Downvote 8

20 minutes ago, Cool Glasto Guy said:

You should consider giving up your ticket to someone thats going to make better use of it. Not turning up until Friday, when someone else would get there on a Wednesday, is effectively a waste of a ticket for a fair chunk of the festival. 

Sounds like you bag tickets every year anyway, so perhaps no biggie for you, even more reason to let someone else who might have never been before to chance to have the ticket. 

Are you going to give up your ticket to someone going in a campervan who gets there lunchtime Tuesday? Cos after all you obviously aren’t  worthy if you are not getting there until Wednesday.🙄🙄🙄🙄

19 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Are you going to give up your ticket to someone going in a campervan who gets there lunchtime Tuesday? Cos after all you obviously aren’t  worthy if you are not getting there until Wednesday.🙄🙄🙄🙄

Are you going to give up your ticket to someone who gets there on the Monday in the campervan so they can wait nearby so they get in first? Cos after all you obviously aren't worthy if you are not getting there until Tuesday (repeat ad infinitum)

1 hour ago, Cool Glasto Guy said:

Someone's clearly quarantined and has nothing else to do except troll the internet.

Can I recommend w*nking? It's be more productive than this. 

39 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

Are you going to give up your ticket to someone who gets there on the Monday in the campervan so they can wait nearby so they get in first? Cos after all you obviously aren't worthy if you are not getting there until Tuesday (repeat ad infinitum)

Give me 30 min I’ll drive to the site, who is gonna give me their ticket for arriving 113 days early?