Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

What's your best guess?   

1,011 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Is that a Birmingham, Alabama or the place just off the M5?😁

Just off M5...not sure which I'd rather be in at present though 🤔

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine if corona takes michael eavis!! 😱

I don’t know who you are, but as a villager myself I am happy chat in the village face to face with you should you wish to identify yourself.   the fence does NOT start to go up until May. I run

27 BC

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Especially if they think the government is incompetent, is led by someone who is not to be trusted etc.

Thats a different story! haha! He is not the one giving the advice though is he.... hes just some fat bellend bumbling his way through... the experts advice is quite logical at the moment. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

This is what irks me when everyone points to what China did/is doing and asks why we're not doing the same. When you rule as a totalitarian government rather than as a democracy, of course you can shut the whole country down if you like.

Ultimately the country can only be completely shut down, or as close to it, for a couple of weeks or so. At the moment we seem to be getting action taken gradually, which is in line with trying to level out the peak, is it not?

God knows. Wish I'd stop thinking about this stuff.

You’re entirely right. I think what we are seeing now understandably is that a lot of people/organisations/sporting events are going in to self protection mode irrespective of government guidance. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing as it might do a lot of the governments eventual job for them anyway. But naturally a lot of people who are acting against it don’t want to take the risk of getting it and are shutting up shop. The danger of this is they can’t do it indefinitely, and when they want to open up shop again, the virus will still be circling and the exact same risks apply as before, what to they do then?

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

I'm in the process of seeing if I can cancel the Seattle and NYC part of my trip, hopefully I can just stay longer in Canada and fly back from Vancouver. 

Edited by Kalopsia
1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

I'm in the process of seeing if I can cancel the Seattle and NYC part of my trip, hopefully I can just stay longer and fly back from Vancouver. 

Sorry to hear, feel bad for hyping up Seattle so much now!

2 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Sorry to hear, feel bad for hyping up Seattle so much now!

Please don't! I'll get out there one day, thank you for sending me the recommendations :) 

17 minutes ago, Breeze said:

TBF I don't think Elbow know more than anyone else.

"Hi Guy, Ian... it's Boris... yeah, rebook it for the end May. I've checked for you and the Academy is still free on those dates too. Ciao."

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

anyone getting ill at the festival is likely to be the equivalent of someone getting ill at home, so all of the same things can apply to it. Ship them off to hospital if necessary, or send them home to isolate.

If anyone getting a cough or feeling hot at Glasto is sent off for treatment/isolation, the place will be empty by the Saturday morning.

16 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

True but why not book for September instead. Their management must be fairly confident.

Pretty confident that their manager wouldn't know his SARS from his Elbow either, to be fair.

• Upvote 3
25 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Exactly my thinking. All these tours that are being cancelled are being rescheduled for before Glastonbury. Newest being Elbow now playing Ireland week before. They are not going to organise all of that to only cancel again. I think we are safe by a few weeks.

I believe it's a temporary reschedule. If it's still bad by that time they will cancel or reschedule again. 

It's still not so bad though. At least it seems we have a tiny bit of hope. 

At least for those that are already in the UK. We foreigners have a lot more obstacles to get through.

27 minutes ago, august1 said:

Due to go to Portugal in 10 days, was planning on going regardless as just as likely to get in here but seems they are closing everything down

Are the flights cancelled though? I am meant to go to Turkey end of April and the only thing stopping me is if bloody easyjet cancel the flights! I figure im a little safer round a pool in 80-90 degree heat than here in the cold and wet :D

If you want to frighten yourself into daftness, then the current increase per day is 28.3%:
image.png.271617f96b0bac161ae04961e4633ac7.png

Italy @ 15k cases today  = 25th March here if we continue on this graph.

I thought I'd cheer everyone up.

3 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

If you want to frighten yourself into daftness, then the current increase per day is 28.3%:
image.png.271617f96b0bac161ae04961e4633ac7.png

Italy @ 15k cases today  = 25th March here if we continue on this graph.

I thought I'd cheer everyone up.

This is not necessarily a bad thing as the more we test the more cases we will find.  What matters most is the ratio of deaths to cases. 

We booked our honeymoon to Mexico about a week or 2 before this all started and said we’d book the flights separately  “when they get cheaper”. Now left in a situation where I’m scared to book them incase they get cancelled and scared not to book them incase the flight sells out and we can’t get there.

It’ll be gone by September right? RIGHT?!

Edited by DareToDibble
2 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Emily's message that accompanied the lineup is a bit scary. Sounds like they don't know if it'll happen either. But surely everyone will turn up anyway lol

I mean, the reality is they don't know if it will happen. A lot is out of their control. The government could quite easily ban outdoor events come June if things have yet to improve.

31 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

If anyone getting a cough or feeling hot at Glasto is sent off for treatment/isolation, the place will be empty by the Saturday morning.

why? The chances of having stood close to that person is tiny, and the chance of infection from them even less - and there'd be similar (often more) risk anywhere else too.

As things stand I'd personally be happy to attend Glastonbury even if each day ten* people at the fest were getting ill. 
(* I can't be sure I'd feel the same if it was 100 a day).

Edited by eFestivals