Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

1 minute ago, phimill said:

I was listening to Trumps "address to the nation" from last night - and i thought he sounded breathy and as if he could be unwell...

Can you imagine... although with everything the world is going through now, whatever you think of Trump, the president of the US getting it and potentially worse is probably the absolute last thing we need as well 

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The amount of people Trump has met that apparently have it or come into contact with is starting to make me think he might be the one spreading it. 

*tinfoil hat theory*

His "hair" is actually an alien. That's where the virus has come from.

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The amount of people Trump has met that apparently have it or come into contact with is starting to make me think he might be the one spreading it. 

It's weird how quickly it's struck government officials in every country- I'm presuming it's from health ministers visiting places dealing with the virus, but you think they'd take basic precautions. Trump is probably bricking it at this point- his boasts of being something of a medical science mastermind and that the virus was kind of a hoax manipulated by democrats, seems so long ago

10 minutes ago, phimill said:

I was listening to Trumps "address to the nation" from last night - and i thought he sounded breathy and as if he could be unwell...

I think that was him struggling to read, he messed up 3 key parts of his announcement

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The individual, yes, but with meltdown we’re already facing the US president croaking would probably push us into some sort of apocalypse 

So this forum has turned into a place that is hoping for the death of the President of the United States? Absolutely sickening.

• Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Can you imagine... although with everything the world is going through now, whatever you think of Trump, the president of the US getting it and potentially worse is probably the absolute last thing we need as well 

Plot of every apocalyptic novel on the subject, every single time.  US president and British royal family.  I'd not wish harm on anyone, not even Trump, as repulsive and dangerous as he is.

As for why he was struggling, he was having to read from an autocue and not wing it.  It's quite widely speculated that his reading skills are somewhat lacking and it was a time where he had no doubt been made clear he had to behave in a particular way, stick entirely to the script in order to maintain calm.  

And now the Canadian PM's wife might have it- does all these high profile people getting it so quickly  indicate it's much more prevalent than testing figures are indicating? Or is it all just chance?

• Upvote 1

As if by magic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51814216

Glastonbury festival organisers have told Radio 1 Newsbeat they're closely monitoring the situation but the festival is still going ahead.

The festival's head of event operations Adrian Coombs said they "thoroughly plan" each year's event, and "put in place all necessary measures to protect the public and maximise safety".

Edited by Copperface
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, jevans.900 said:

So this forum has turned into a place that is hoping for the death of the President of the United States? Absolutely sickening.

I'm still in disbelief that Donald fucking Trump is the President of the United States.

2 minutes ago, jevans.900 said:

You do know who the president is right?? 

I think its more of a case of not giving a flying fuck if he died as opposed to wishing him dead... 

7 minutes ago, jevans.900 said:

It's called 'gallows humour'

gallows humour
/ɡaləʊz ˈhjuːmə/

noun

1. grim and ironic humour in a desperate or hopeless situation.
Edited by Mr.Tease
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

And now the Canadian PM's wife might have it- does all these high profile people getting it so quickly  indicate it's much more prevalent than testing figures are indicating? Or is it all just chance?

For every person that has it, there will be loads of people that also just have the normal flu.

High profile people have the luxury of being able to take 2 weeks to isolate with little hassle so I'd imagine they are just being cautious.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, plot2pot said:

If there's a ban on public gatherings of 500+ people we just need to split the site into 400 smaller areas and carefully count people in and out of each area. It's not rocket science.

Knowing my luck I'll get allocated the dance field.

I don't wish death on the man. I try not to wish that on anyone tbh.

Getting sick is a different matter.

Ideally I'd like him not to catch this as he is definitely of an age and overall health where you might not fancy his chances. A massive case of the trots, or some form of Futurama boneitis that breaks his thumbs and stops him from tweeting would be perfectly acceptable.

3 minutes ago, plot2pot said:

If there's a ban on public gatherings of 500+ people we just need to split the site into 400 smaller areas and carefully count people in and out of each area. It's not rocket science.

Shotgun not being in Silver Hayes

Edited by Quark

Just now, Quark said:

I don't wish death on the man. I try not to wish that on anyone tbh.

Getting sick is a different matter.

Ideally I'd like him not to catch this as he is definitely of an age and overall health where you might not fancy his chances. A massive case of the trots, or some form of Futurama boneitis that stops him from tweeting would be perfectly acceptable.

Shotgun not being in Silver Hayes

I am firmly in the camp of if he gets it he will get no sympathy from me... zero f**ks given.  But i don't wish him to get it.