Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

8 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Love that, thanks.

What is great is the simulations on that are all unique every time you run them. I ran the enforced quarantine one twice, and got a different outcome. In the first one an infected ball got out almost straight away resulting in a pretty smooth up and down infection rate.

In the second one it took much longer for an infected ball to get out, so initially the virus had peaked and was on its way down and then massively spiked up again.

It basically proves that the longer you enforce quarantine you create a false impression the virus is under control, but as soon as it’s lifted it spikes again and you end up in the position you would’ve been anyway.

Much better to try and slow it than attempt to stop it completely.

By those models social distancing works better...so we need to stay away from each other.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

By those models social distancing works better...so we need to stay away from each other.

they do, at slowing it down. The only problem is the simulations for social distancing don’t run long enough. With both there are still a big chunk of green healthy people in the middle that would carry on getting infected just for a much longer period. There needs to be social distancing to an extent, but not too much of it.

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

For those whose supermarkets are not very well stocked, lots of greengrocers/corner shops/etc. (in London anyway) are very well stocked. Lovely middle eastern specialty gaff near me with fruit and veg galore.

Yes! Try all the corner shops you can, they’ll have loo roll, pasta and any essentials. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Yes! Try all the corner shops you can, they’ll have loo roll, pasta and any essentials. 

Because they’re the people who have cleared out the main supermarkets and will be selling the same stuff at inflated prices. 

Think I'm actually struggling to digest the gravity of the situation. It's all a bit surreal. Imagine a few months ago being told that the entire planet was about to go into shutdown. That's where we are. This is insane. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Citation needed.

Next time I’m in my local corner shop I’ll get a picture but it’s a very common practice in parts of Leeds and Bradford to see supermarket own brand stuff for sale in less than reputable shops. 

I ordered a new fridge freezer a few weeks ago and had it delivered today. The delivery guys asked me if I had bought it to stock pile and l laughed and said that would be taking it way to far. He told me out of 21 deliveries today 17 were for a fridge or freezer and most people had bought it as an additional item to fill up

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That doesn't mean they'll arrive.  Our Sainsbury's shop turned up with loads missing this week.

I checked on the app for online delivery and there were no available slots right up to 4th April anyway! 

• Like 1

A co-worker of my partner's apparently went to work feeling shaky all last week then the fever came on Fri. THEN they went to the local medical centre. Talk about irresponsible and close to criminally lackwitted. Really boils my piss. Said person is entitled to sick pay and is not on the breadline on a 0 hours contract or anything.

Partner's sis has announced that she spent the last week in bed with a high temp and extreme aches. She seems to have turned the corner now. Continuing to stay home for now cos she has some sense.

26 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Next time I’m in my local corner shop I’ll get a picture but it’s a very common practice in parts of Leeds and Bradford to see supermarket own brand stuff for sale in less than reputable shops. 

Ah...Leeds. No citation needed 😄

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

Is everyone on here staying in? I messaged my mate in Cambridgeshire and he still wants me to drive up and stay with them tonight 🤔

I've been carrying on but just washing hands e.t.c. I think going down to see him before the indefinite lock down will be fine 

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Is everyone on here staying in? I messaged my mate in Cambridgeshire and he still wants me to drive up and stay with them tonight 🤔

The message obviously still hasn’t sunk in. It’s a tragedy that your government has taken this approach. 

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Unless I need to go the shop for food/essentials or taking the dog for a long walk I'm staying in, but then I have to work from home for at least the next 2 weeks anyway. 

It's hard to tell people what to do, especially older folk I've found. It's difficult for small businesses too. I know a lot of people working in hospitality and I really hope pubs/restaurants aren't forced to close and instead maybe place restrictions on numbers of people entering.

3 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

The message obviously still hasn’t sunk in. It’s a tragedy that your government has taken this approach. 

To be clear: I have a meeting there tomorrow at lunchtime. If I don’t go this afternoon, I will (presumably) have to do it tomorrow anyway 

After Wednesday I’m going to work from home 90-100% of the time and just go out to supermarket every so often to buy food.

parents are going into isolation and will be keeping in touch via FaceTime.

see how we are in a few weeks time 

23 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Think I'm actually struggling to digest the gravity of the situation. It's all a bit surreal. Imagine a few months ago being told that the entire planet was about to go into shutdown. That's where we are. This is insane. 

We have all been thrown into a real life disaster movie - it’s horrible.

I’ve been isolating since Weds. started with sore throat Tues then temperature and aches Weds. At that point was told it couldn’t be Covid as I haven’t travelled and don’t know anyone that had tested positive (or even had symptoms). Asked if I could be tested but no way was that going to be offered. Work insisted I call 111 Despite the advice being not to and when I got through they just went through the spiel and said couldn’t be Covid because I had not been exposed, and suggested I go to pharmacy for assessment.

I had 2/3 days of fever and aches and a hellish sort throat, and last couple of days just headache & cough remains.  Can’t be sure it is Covid but seems So close to the symptoms I read about from others that have tested positive that I think it probably is.

Initially I was not fully isolated from rest of family so worried about them coming down with it now. Especially my daughter who has asthma but she is keeping up with her inhaler so should be ok.

Im fine and nearly over it. In my case it really was only rough for a couple of days and I slept most of that time. 

my tip to prepare is get some ibuprofen, strepsils and antiseptic  throat spray like difflam. Sore throat and fever/aches is the worst bit. 

Hate watching the news, am trying to limit it.  This will be a mental struggle for so many with huge concern about friends and family, especially the more vulnerable.

stay strong & look after each other x