Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

Just been told that we are to work one week in the office, one week at home. Secure laptops are being provided (I work in IT / foreign-exchange). Makes good sense, but that's a LOT  of laptops being setup. Pity the poor IT support team having to mass-install all the software we need.

On a brighter note, I watched Contagion last night and in the end they found a vaccine. Which was nice.

2 hours ago, ilikesimpsons said:

If there’s one thing my stepdad has never been good at doing, it’s working out the exchange rate 😂 He’ll of either tipped incredibly well or badly, hopefully the first.

Kudos to your brother for not just laying staff off. What’s his dive school called? I went to gilli about 5 years ago, would love to go back one day, if I do will check his place out. 

Two fish divers :-) … He has operations in Gili A, Lembongen, Sanur, Amed and Lombok  - he really does try to look after his local staff as much as possible, even to the point when the Volcano was threatening to go his Amed place was in the zone, and he drive up bags of rice on the back of his scooter, round the coast (so he didn't get caught through the roadblocks , to ensure his staff were all ok - thanks fully that particular period didn't last long. Just actually spoken to him, his wife, son and unborn second son are in New Zealand presently and he;s telling them to stay there, while he stays in Bali as they have a 90 day visa , are due back this Friday, but he feels its better for them there than in Bali right now (healthcare, etc) along with once tourism gets sorted there 'could' be looting etc so he's just trying to keep them safe

5 minutes ago, Gilb said:

On a brighter note, I watched Contagion last night and in the end they found a vaccine. Which was nice.

The movie is pretty accurate but their virus was waaaay more severe than ours. 30% mortality rate and pretty much a guarantee that even if you survived you’d feel lasting effects for years.

Rough stuff but these things (even in their worst forms) always come to an end.

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Okay so the multitude of polls arriving did actually make me smile! Maybe it should have been agreed who was starting it...

it made me laugh too ... thought as Neil had replied and quoted me it was on my shoulders ... but hey :) im sure they will disappear soon :)