Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

We're closed at the moment, unrelated fo the virus. But since the beginning of the month, bookings for this year have all but dried up. 

We've had to hastily come up with a new business plan!

I thought the UK market would be getting saturated right now. There’s a group of 12 of us with time booked off work and now unable to leave the country. We still want to do something but has to be within the UK. 

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

As it stands lockdowns are only enforceable for 28 days. I think they are trying to change that though. Can’t find the source on this.

Be surprised if they end up longer.... its not sustainable.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

My daughter just coughed a couple of times in class she has NO temperature, she HAS a runny nose (not one of the symptoms).

Been sent home to self isolate for 7 dates

Had the same. Woke up 3-4 times in the night coughing, it's calmed down since. Waiting for a laptop to be delivered so I can work from home.

4 minutes ago, Cockney_Jesus said:

This topic gives me a similar feeling to when Kanye covered Bohemian Rhapsody in his headline set. A bit of a laugh at first but feeling more and more worried as it goes on.

I was one that enjoyed Kanyes set for the most part, but this is a fantastic comparison. 

'Yeah okay we get it...You can stop...No seriously please...' 

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How do you engage in this chat anymore without being negative. Genuinely.

I’ve drafted many posts and just deleted them because I don’t know what the point is anymore. We’ve hit a point where being realistic and being a doomsayer have become hard to distinguish. 

Me too, in fact I wonder why people are actively participating in the other threads as if everything’s fine. The best we can hope for is that it’s delayed until August/September (and that’s probably a no-goer) and even if that happens how many of the scheduled acts will be available and willing to participate? Having said that, if that did happen, it could make for one glorious party, assuming the worst of all this is over by then.

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Might seem like a daft question but why can't someone just create a new poll?  It'll be another CV thread but so be it....

they can but neil has been shutting down some of the other threads that have been on the topic so its worth asking ... maybe lock this thread and let a new poll and topic take its place 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

My daughter just coughed a couple of times in class she has NO temperature, she HAS a runny nose (not one of the symptoms).

Been sent home to self isolate for 7 dates

There's going to be a lot of this I think. Too many similarities between the two conditions, and I say that as somebody who currently has a minor cold going on. Think it could be easily interpreted as such though, especially when you hear this talk of asymptomatic carriers.

5 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Image may contain: meme and text

Great (techno)logic.

4 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Me too, in fact I wonder why people are actively participating in the other threads as if everything’s fine. The best we can hope for is that it’s delayed until August/September (and that’s probably a no-goer) and even if that happens how many of the scheduled acts will be available and willing to participate? Having said that, if that did happen, it could make for one glorious party, assuming the worst of all this is over by then.

I've honestly been surprised any fests have been able to wholesale reschedule, yet with Coachella and the South American Lollapaloozas doing so, and talk Primavera Barcelona/Porto are about to (see their thread), its clearly not out of the question. I thought it would be too logistically difficult.

Certainly, I can imagine if they tried the August BH weekend or the ones immediately either side that Reading/Leeds would have a lot of complaints, and a lot of that other commercial/legal arguing would just get in the way.

16 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I thought the UK market would be getting saturated right now. There’s a group of 12 of us with time booked off work and now unable to leave the country. We still want to do something but has to be within the UK. 

You'll probably get a good deal at the moment. It seems people are reluctant to book if they think they might have to cancel. The insurance situation isn't clear either. 

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Surreal being in New York right now.

Yeah it was in the news here that NYC, LA and Vegas have just closed everything, so I can imagine all of those places feel so fucking weird.

Looks the same here - Guardian had a load of photos of rush hour on the Underground being empty in a lot of usually heaving stations and tube lines.

ok so I might be a bit on the slow side here .... but why have the government talked about panic buying and then also talked of self isolation for the over 70s ? repercussions being that the over 70s are now out and about stocking up in crowded supermarkets ?!! surely that helps nobody 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok so I might be a bit on the slow side here .... but why have the government talked about panic buying and then also talked of self isolation for the over 70s ? repercussions being that the over 70s are now out and about stocking up in crowded supermarkets ?!! surely that helps nobody 

well, yeah...comms from govt has been shit.

18 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

You'll probably get a good deal at the moment. It seems people are reluctant to book if they think they might have to cancel. The insurance situation isn't clear either. 

We’re going camping instead.  Sounds ideal in the circumstances.  Away from all the shite.

Feeling pretty depressed today to be honest. I don't mind working from home when it's not every day but facing a month of it with pretty much all my social plans for the next few months on hold is really grim. Starting to really worry about the effect of the economy as well as the impact of the virus on vulnerable and elderly people. Wish I could be more positive! 

My aunty lives in Spain and is only allowed to go out to the shop to buy food now. Was scared to put her bins out this morning in case she got fined :(

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Feeling pretty depressed today to be honest. I don't mind working from home when it's not every day but facing a month of it with pretty much all my social plans for the next few months on hold is really grim. Starting to really worry about the effect of the economy as well as the impact of the virus on vulnerable and elderly people. Wish I could be more positive! 

My aunty lives in Spain and is only allowed to go out to the shop to buy food now. Was scared to put her bins out this morning in case she got fined :(

I miss my family a lot today