Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I feel sorry for supermarket staff at the moment, doing their best but logic has gone out the window!  I was in our local shop this morning, Sunday AM usually quiet but it was like Xmas! I was trying to get supplies for a couple of housebound oldies Mrs C cares for. No luck.  

Interestingly the only person that wasn’t seeking out the elusive bog rolls was the local school janitor who I met. Wonder why?😉

I’ve been day off today but the story’s I hear are getting worse ... one day last week I accidentally blocked an aisle whilst putting an item in my homeshop trolley ... a customer instead of saying excuse me or just moving it slightly to get through decided it better to ram it out the way and when I said to him thanks for that his wife said to me that the customer is always right ... I’m hoping the shops are going to be more proactive with some sort of message equivalent to pubs hoping things will calm down soon as people run out of the need to hoard things 

18 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Reading the Glastonbury website medical section, it sounds like they are fairly self sufficient in terms of staffing and dealing with minor injuries etc and even advise against using the local hospital for your injury as you can be treated on site.

I am not suggesting in any way they are able to deal with an outbreak of a virus, I just mean they won't be pillaging the NHS of staff.

I know I am probably being overly optimistic haha as I want things to have improved for the UK and for it to be safe to have events in the summer, I have settled in my head good chance will have to wait till next year .

Just was reading it then.

As far as an outbreak at the festival is concerned, in theory that shouldn’t happen. As we’ve heard it has a long incubation rate and nobody should be going who knows they have symptoms. Maybe wishful thinking to rely on that but that would be the theory.

We have done no stockpiling of anything and have no intention of doing so. It's not Armageddon. We are planning to do our normal shop tomorrow but by the sounds of it we will get fuck all. People need to stop being so selfish and give themselves a good talking to.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dave_c said:

We have done no stockpiling of anything and have no intention of doing so. It's not Armageddon. We are planning to do our normal shop tomorrow but by the sounds of it we will get fuck all. People need to stop being so selfish and give themselves a good talking to.

At least you’ll have the place to yourself. The wider public seemed to believe that from tomorrow the virus will get significantly more deadly so they all looted the shops today.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

For some reason supplies of kidney beans are running low! 

Unfortunately everything knocks on to everything else ... so it seems people grab anything left ... hopefully this week we will restrict opening hours so at least the night team get a break .... I’m not always the calmest but I can see the calm people I work with beginning to break 

2 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

True to some extent but only that ... there are some obvious issues that I’m sure everyone is aware of but actually lots of areas you might not get the brand you want but things are available .... anyone walking past a supermarket worker in the next few days /weeks a thank you won’t go amiss even if they haven’t personally helped you ... and by that I’m not directing that at you personally ... thanks everyone 

This was my tipping point today, staggered :lol:

On a serious note I’m not sure what supermarkets can even do. Absolutely no toilet roll available in my local shops so when it does become available people are bulk buying, causing the problem all over again. It’s not the supermarkets fault at all.

5A783284-3027-40C7-A6AD-914754DF13DC.jpeg

BF148B39-FE78-4724-A724-FE68A3014495.jpeg

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Not a good read that. Apart from this part which I will cling to:

“I think it will dip in the summer, towards the end of June, and come back in November, in the way that usual seasonal flu does. I think it will be around forever, but become less severe over time, as immunity builds up,” he added.

10 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Not a good read that. Apart from this part which I will cling to:

“I think it will dip in the summer, towards the end of June, and come back in November, in the way that usual seasonal flu does. I think it will be around forever, but become less severe over time, as immunity builds up,” he added.

See Emily

Read this. You may cancel it then everything is OK anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Reading the Glastonbury website medical section, it sounds like they are fairly self sufficient in terms of staffing and dealing with minor injuries etc and even advise against using the local hospital for your injury as you can be treated on site.

I am not suggesting in any way they are able to deal with an outbreak of a virus, I just mean they won't be pillaging the NHS of staff.

I know I am probably being overly optimistic haha as I want things to have improved for the UK and for it to be safe to have events in the summer, I have settled in my head good chance will have to wait till next year .

Just was reading it then.

Where do you think the festival medical crew work the rest of the year?

32 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

This was my tipping point today, staggered :lol:

On a serious note I’m not sure what supermarkets can even do. Absolutely no toilet roll available in my local shops so when it does become available people are bulk buying, causing the problem all over again. It’s not the supermarkets fault at all.

5A783284-3027-40C7-A6AD-914754DF13DC.jpeg

BF148B39-FE78-4724-A724-FE68A3014495.jpeg

Use smaller local shops rather than supermarkets- it will help them and you will more likely get what you need. 

It's been a pretty scary weekend. I've spent way too much time on my phone reading about this virus. It's good to have you lot, crazy doom mongering and unjustified optimism and all to share it with. 

I suspect things are going to get a lot more tense and scary before they get better, but the numbers do say that most of us will get out the other side in one piece.

Stay safe, sing happy birthday and don't empty the supermarkets.

S2H out, see you all tomorrow for the next damage report!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's been a pretty scary weekend. I've spent way too much time on my phone reading about this virus. It's good to have you lot, crazy doom mongering and unjustified optimism and all to share it with. 

I'm generally fine until I come onto this forum.

Went to Tesco today, no problems whatsoever, everything in stock except flour (even toilet roll wasn't that low). Dodn't see anybody stockpiling, the staff were lovely and even the food bank donations were overflowing the bin.

Then, I come back on here and it's all gone a bit Mad Max. We're all gonna die.