Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Levelling of a little but hard to judge since testing is low.

Levelling lol. The uk will have hundreds of thousands if not millions of cases before this is over. Your prime minister told you as much. 3400 new cases in Italy in the last 24 hours. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Tartan_Glasto said:

I can’t help but feel that the advice to not call doctors or 111 and to just decide yourself if you need to self isolate is a way of rigging the numbers. 

Have less people tested and therefore less people showing as positive. 

I don’t personally think it’s that. If you’ve got it and are not critically ill (feel like you’ve got the flu) then realistically you aren’t going to die so the best thing for all concerned is just stay at home and don’t create additional issues for loads of other people.

1 minute ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I can’t help but feel that the advice to not call doctors or 111 and to just decide yourself if you need to self isolate is a way of rigging the numbers. 

They aren’t rigging the numbers they just don’t have capacity to test everyone so they have to focus on people already sick and in hospital.

We've all been suddenly thrown into this crisis, and nobody knows what to do, or how to react.

All the arguing in this thread is just a symptom of that. People need to properly digest what is happening, and until they do, this thread will keep going around in argumentative circles. Some people think this is really serious, and some people think it's been overblown. But there is no need to attack either of those opinions, people will eventually digest the situation in their own time, as more becomes clear.

Everybody is in a state of shock, and it's difficult for anybody to act particularly rational. Just be kind to each other, and we will get through this.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Levelling lol. The uk will have hundreds of thousands if not millions of cases before this is over. Your prime minister told you as much. 3400 new cases in Italy in the last 24 hours. 

What’s with the holier than thou attitude? Nobody knows how this will play out and there are good arguments either side for shut down or not. 

Just now, ModernMan said:

What’s with the holier than thou attitude? Nobody knows how this will play out and there are good arguments either side for shut down or not. 

Scientists know how it’ll play out. You only need to watch Italy. 

In what regard? The UK also has scientists who have slightly different theories. Neither route is going to be particularly easy for anyone, but attempting not to overwhelm the NHS is a good strategy I would say. 

I guess you already know everything there is to know though.

23 minutes ago, sedra said:

I checked on the app for online delivery and there were no available slots right up to 4th April anyway! 

I started on Waitrose earlier today and had to give up. I moved on to Tesco.com hours ago and just kept pressing the continue button. I'd given up all hope. I went away; came back; got through. I got to a point where I thought I'd paid. Then it said my slot had timed out. It was no problem, I booked another slot. Now, after a day without hope I, finally, have a delivery on the 22nd of March.

I think this slot is earlier than the original one I booked. That gives me hope that I might find a more reasonable slot to complete my Waitrose shop with. I might leave it till tomorrow. They might free up.👩‍🚀

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

Scientists know how it’ll play out. You only need to watch Italy. 

But which scientists are right?

Italy and U.K. are not comparable. Italy had deaths from Covid-19 before it knew it had infected cases.

Why don’t you go and do something constructive like see if you can help any local vulnerable neighbours?

8 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Lowering the number of diagnoses will increase the death rate. My take is that it's about not putting too much load on 111.

Just now, zahidf said:

So if we are testing less, that means the fatality rate is a lot less?

Realistically yeah (at least I'm pretty sure). Theres gonna be a lot of undiagnosed cases in the UK, mostly from people who are only showing minor cases. The mortality rate isn't necessarily going to be an accurate representation of how bad it is.

5 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Realistically yeah (at least I'm pretty sure). Theres gonna be a lot of undiagnosed cases in the UK, mostly from people who are only showing minor cases. The mortality rate isn't necessarily going to be an accurate representation of how bad it is.

That rings true with the numbers at the moment, our mortality rate is currently at 2.5% but most seem to think a more accurate figure is about 1%, which means we’ve probably got roughly 3500 cases as opposed to 1372. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That rings true with the numbers at the moment, our mortality rate is currently at 2.5% but most seem to think a more accurate figure is about 1%, which means we’ve probably got roughly 3000 cases as opposed to 1372. 

Could be far higher than that I think.  They estimated 5-10k in the press conference on Thursday and it looks like doubling every 3-4 days so likely 10-20k by tomorrow.