Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

59 minutes ago, sime said:

Did you read the article? He was cleared of the virus. Different strain? Possibly. But he was initially cleared.

Loads of evidence of people being tested clear and the positive after. It’s a deep lung infection, so nasal swabs not reliable.

im not on here spouting for a laugh. I’ve read so much on this over the last couple of months...obsessively some might say.

40 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Has anyone on here suffered the symptoms yet, or know of others who have?

Despite my home town having on record 3 cases, I now learn someone I know has possible symptoms, and a further 7 connected to them are self-isolating too. With testing limited, it may appear we don’t really know the current extent of infection at all.

A fellow remote worker was just off work for a couple of days, initially with a dry cough an elevated temperature, which then developed into "flu".

Yeah many young people are asymptomatic which is the issue and the whole reason for social distancing. If you're having any symptoms at all you may have it and be spreading it. 

It sucks to call in sick or work from home when you dont really know... but if you're questioning it and have some of the correct symptoms, theres a good chance it could be it.

If you've been in contact with other people who have it... I would say 100% you have it. 

In light of recent panic buying UK supermarkets have introduced limits. 

Asda: 2 hand sanitisers, 24 toilet rolls

Tesco: 1 hand sanitiser, 18 toilet rolls & 2kg rice

Co-op: 12 toilet rolls, 1kg rice

Aldi: 2 trumpets, 1 diving suit & a MIG welder

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Loads of evidence of people being tested clear and the positive after. It’s a deep lung infection, so nasal swabs not reliable.

im not on here spouting for a laugh. I’ve read so much on this over the last couple of months...obsessively some might say.

Same! We should all take medical exams, speciality, viruses, at the end of all this!

27 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Yeah many young people are asymptomatic which is the issue and the whole reason for social distancing. If you're having any symptoms at all you may have it and be spreading it. 

It sucks to call in sick or work from home when you dont really know... but if you're questioning it and have some of the correct symptoms, theres a good chance it could be it.

If you've been in contact with other people who have it... I would say 100% you have it. 

And don't go to the pub either.

3 minutes ago, wilko8 said:

In light of recent panic buying UK supermarkets have introduced limits. 

Asda: 2 hand sanitisers, 24 toilet rolls

Tesco: 1 hand sanitiser, 18 toilet rolls & 2kg rice

Co-op: 12 toilet rolls, 1kg rice

Aldi: 2 trumpets, 1 diving suit & a MIG welder

waitrose : 2 avocados, 2 tinned artichoke hearts, 1 bottle veuve clicquot rosé

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Head of French public health authority says half of patients in intensive care with coronavirus in France are under 60 yrs old.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/france/

They have 300 people in a critical condition at the moment, so if half are under 60 that’s 150 of 4500 active cases

theres a lot of at risk groups who would normally attend, lots of long standing festival goers who now wont be able to go even if it did happen. i imagine and welcome stand corrected, particuarly helping out or behind the scenes working? that would be a pressure situation to make the decision to run with the festival as planned or not even if it wasnt forced to cancel. i wouldnt like to be the person to make that call.

would  paul and diana even want to be there?

Just now, The Nal said:

Nearly two weeks after @stuartbert two hats started this, can we reset the poll and all vote again? Theres no way nearly 50% of people think this is defo or probably going ahead now.

It’s closer to 75% in favour of it going ahead. 

I’ve just had another gif idea 🤔

9 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Writing from Spain, we all cannot leave home unless is for food or medicines. Cases are out of control. What kind of strategy UK is following? You guys and your health system will be collapsed in a few weeks... 

We’re significantly behind you in terms of number of cases so no point taken the more drastic measures too soon as they can only be maintained for so long.

These measures are coming soon though, we will inevitably get to your numbers, albeit based on current data it will take us longer to get there.