Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

Well yes and it says it in the article, not every over 70 is at risk and not every under 70 will be fine with the virus.

Plus there are physical health problems from being cooked up in the house for 4 months not exercising, along with the mental health implications.

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

Plus there are physical health problems from being cooked up in the house for 4 months not exercising, along with the mental health implications.

And that will have been taken into account. No doubt this is part of what has been discussed, and the threat from coronaviras deamed more severe.

23 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-14/elderly-to-be-quarantined-for-four-months-in-wartime-style-mobilisation-to-combat-coronavirus/

Over 70's to be quarantined for up to 4 months!

Poor Micheal, at least he can have his garden party.

The Press are not helping with this endless speculation. They’re just stoking the hysteria.

3 minutes ago, Smeble said:

And that will have been taken into account. No doubt this is part of what has been discussed, and the threat from coronaviras deamed more severe.

How generous of them to make the decision for all 70+ year old without consulting them

last post in this thread - honestly think anyone believing it could go ahead are clutching at straws now, but all the power to you!

Remember a few days ago people were saying that we'd be sitting at glastonbury in june with a cold cider joking about the time we thought the festival may be cancelled. I think now we'll be sitting in our house in june joking about the time we thought the festival may still happen.

😅 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Garrett_Salas said:

last post in this thread - honestly think anyone believing it could go ahead are clutching at straws now, but all the power to you!

Remember a few days ago people were saying that we'd be sitting at glastonbury in june with a cold cider joking about the time we thought the festival may be cancelled. I think now we'll be sitting in our house in june joking about the time we thought the festival may still happen.

😅

We'll all be figuring out wtf to do with our annual leave.

19 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

The Press are not helping with this endless speculation. They’re just stoking the hysteria.

Thing is, this quarantine enforced or otherwise is going to happen. I’d also expect that Peston article to have been fed  directly from government so would be v confident that what’s covered is what is in the plans and looking at other countries experiences it seem highly likely we’ll be having to carry them out. 
When this first cropped up we joked that if the festival was cancelled that would mean it would be  the least of our worries. Tragically we’ve reached that point.  

4 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Thing is, this quarantine enforced or otherwise is going to happen. I’d also expect that Peston article to have been fed  directly from government so would be v confident that what’s covered is what is in the plans and looking at other countries experiences it seem highly likely we’ll be having to carry them out. 
When this first cropped up we joked that if the festival was cancelled that would mean it would be  the least of our worries. Tragically we’ve reached that point.  

16 days ago some labelled ideas the fest could be cancelled as hysteria. Those who know how viruses transmit were more cautious. Unfortunately the sneaky bugger was more out there than even the most optimistic knew. We will learn more, we will adapt. Change is a big thing to accept. We will get through this. Stay safe. Protect the vulnerable.

Dr Lycra

1 minute ago, Copperface said:

Seriously?

I saw the initial headline of over 70s will be quarantined, which to me makes sense alongside a policy of trying to let the rest of the country get it is much as possible at a sensible rate.... Having since read the whole article, then no, the rest of the measures make it a certainty it’s not happening.

Still some not comprehending the level of social change we are about to experience, even though it’s getting closer by the hour.

Is the current generation ready for a war-like footing - I highly doubt it.

Will society come together or implode.