Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

25 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

@crazyfool1 my local asda hasn’t had any pasta for over a week. Not even fresh or gluten free.  I’m not even wanting to stockpile I’m just a crap cook and pasta is what I pretty much live on 😂

I have managed to sort the toilet roll situation though. I should be good for the next few months. 

I was in aldi this morning and they had lots of pasta, and they were limiting people as well. I saw them stop someone buying 60 tins of chopped tomatoes.

The Asda near us was a mess like the overnight team we're unable to get any work done.

8 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Make your own pasta? Youll have time to learn how to do it, plenty of youtube videos on it. Eggs, flour and oil is all you need. Seriously, its cheaper and you can control your portions better that way 

Good thinking but 3 out of 3 were not available today :( 

4 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I was in aldi this morning and they had lots of pasta, and they were limiting people as well. I saw them stop someone buying 60 tins of chopped tomatoes.

The Asda near us was a mess like the overnight team we're unable to get any work done.

That’s an issue that’s being looked at 24 hours is not helpful at the moment 

Just in from friend on lockdown  in Barca in case anyone wants to know what it’s like:

No, I already wanna kill Hermes ha. We went round to his parents as we realised we were pretty low on food and we’d be too late to get anything good at the shops. It was funny and sad receiving Tupperware at arm’s length cos we couldn’t get too close to his dad who has chronic bronchitis haha. But it’s never been so quiet! Odd for Spaniards. 
Can’t believe the gig even still went ahead, does the UK think its immune? X

14 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Hmmmm, account made 3 minutes ago, any more info?

All I was told was that it was cancelled and that they were telling acts before announcing to everyone else.  Do have another account but didn't want to use it so that I could be revealed as leaking the source. 

I have no reason not to believe it's true.  But then this person did tell me who shot Phil Mitchell all those years ago and it wasn't right, so make up your own mind  

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

I did say to my wife that they shouldn't be open 24 hours at the moment. Allows the shops to reset

And give the night staff at least relief from the numbers going through the shops we will see what happens over next week .. there’s a number of things that might happen . 

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

Tried adopting the Italian response and stood on my balcony banging a pan while belting out my best O Sole Mio.

My neighbours' response would suggest I'm a few weeks ahead of my time. 

they will join you within the next weeks tho ^^

2 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Why on earth would it be cancelled prior to any announcement on bans.

However bleak it looks currently, doesn’t need added nonsense to make it any less likely than it may already be.

Yup. No way the festival cancels without the ban in effect to claim on insurance.

Ultimately, what has changed since Thursdays announcement that wasn’t already expected? Everyone knew this is going to get worse before it gets better.

Much was said about how Emily worded the announcement, and it obviously took some decisions being made to announce. I very much doubt the decision was taken lightly to release the lineup, only to cancel it two days later.

Lets see what happens with the emergency legislation due Monday and the period of time its initially in play for before we start playing silly buggers.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

We had lots of  5kg bags delivered one day ... maybe wed .they went in a day .. but have only had small quantities since ... it will depend on depots and how much they get in ... the thing being now that although we might have enough toilet paper or maybe pasta  in a depot only so much can fit on lorries ... we could restock the toilet paper for example but that might have to be at the expense of something else ... worth trying fresh pasta or being there for opening time on a sun 9.30 for ours for 10am opening or if not 24hr whatever time they open on mon gives best chance ... nights have got incredibly busy so that might not work 

My mother in law couldnt understand why there was a shortage of pasta in our shops to which I explained that was as it came from Italy who are in lock down due to the virus. 'That's weird then as the wheat comes from Durham doesnt it?' #truestory

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

My mother in law couldnt understand why there was a shortage of pasta in our shops to which I explained that was as it came from Italy who are in lock down due to the virus. 'That's weird then as the wheat comes from Durham doesnt it?' #truestory

that took me a little time to work out :) duh 

In short order no bugger is ever going to be able to leave their house again...possibly.

You can understand the Government’s plan to let everyone get it and take the hit ASAP.

You can also clearly understand other countries taking the steps they have to protect people.

But unless everyone contains it, it will continue to spread. So is the UKs more accepting approach the one that other countries will eventually have to take anyway?

It’s balancing accepting significant deaths In short order and protecting the economy as far as possible or fucking the economy, probably having the deaths anyway in time in a more drawn out fashion and impoverishing people economically.

A right old mess indeed.

12 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-14/elderly-to-be-quarantined-for-four-months-in-wartime-style-mobilisation-to-combat-coronavirus/

Over 70's to be quarantined for up to 4 months!

Poor Micheal, at least he can have his garden party.

Has anyone actually asked people over 70s people what they want to do? There is a quality of life issue and they should have a right to decide whether or not they want to risk it (ie they can chose not to be under lockdown but with the understanding they won’t have hospital treatment if they contract it). For a lot of people over 70s, this enforced isolation can also be a killer.

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Has anyone actually asked people over 70s people what they want to do? There is a quality of life issue and they should have a right to decide whether or not they want to risk it (ie they can chose not to be under lockdown but with the understanding they won’t have hospital treatment if they contract it). For a lot of people over 70s, this enforced isolation can also be a killer.

Well yes and it says it in the article, not every over 70 is at risk and not every under 70 will be fine with the virus.

19 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-14/elderly-to-be-quarantined-for-four-months-in-wartime-style-mobilisation-to-combat-coronavirus/

Over 70's to be quarantined for up to 4 months!

Poor Micheal, at least he can have his garden party.

And people still think festivals will happen this summer?

• Upvote 1