Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

2 hours ago, Benja100 said:

I’m going to laugh in your face in a few days when it’s cancelled you silly duck! :) 

Aren’t you the guy who makes fudge to be nice to people?  

Can you just go and make some fudge ffs? 

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Trump extending the ban on flights to the U.K. now as well.

There probably won’t be any airlines left anyway once the restrictions are lifted again

But think of the improvement in air quality, us asthmatics need all the help we can get in the current climate...

3 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

I’m very sorry. I was trying to be lighthearted by calling someone a silly duck but I’m afraid I got it badly wrong

In response to another comment I do not believe if the festival goes ahead that people will want to eat batch cooked fudge of unknown origin made by a festival participant so for now I will be putting fudge cooking operations on temporary halt awaiting further news

I do have 12x Cadbury’s creme eggs at home that I don’t need for Easter so if anyone wants one let me know

once again very sorry about everything and hope a smiley is now ok? :) 

Laughing in people’s faces ? I can’t work out if you are a troll or a decent person but like I’ve said already on here ... have a think about what people are going through and about to go through ... whatever your thoughts might be on the festival happening there’s a courteous way of expressing everything thanks 

9 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

I do have 12x Cadbury’s creme eggs at home that I don’t need for Easter so if anyone wants one let me know

Ah Jesus, now I really want a Cadbury's Creme Egg. I wonder if they're still in the shops or whether anyone has panic bought them all?

3 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Ah Jesus, now I really want a Cadbury's Creme Egg. I wonder if they're still in the shops or whether anyone has panic bought them all?

I wouldn't call it panic buying but I certainly added a couple or 3 of multipacks to my rations cupboard. And a pack of Freddos. Chocolate is important to my mental well-being.

5 hours ago, Homer said:

i'm going to pick up a cheap Orbital ticket for tonight in London. There are a lot of people complaining on the Facebook page that it should be cancelled. Is it irresponsible to attend, as is being suggested? By the sound of it, there will be about five other people there, and it didn't feel wrong when I went out and attended a gig in a pub last night (about 30 people there).

Go, if its your last gig you dance to your death. Happened here on Weds, Tame Impala had an arena gig and it was sold out. The venue posted the schedule and tons of people saying it should be called off. Little did they know the large gatherings ban would happen later that evening so you would be grateful to have gone to something.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Trump live now. He’s banging on about the stock market.

Not seen it but he does seem to be all about the economic impact and not so much the compassion and life saving .. I wish Obama could be installed as a caretaker president.

39 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

I’m very sorry. I was trying to be lighthearted by calling someone a silly duck but I’m afraid I got it badly wrong

In response to another comment I do not believe if the festival goes ahead that people will want to eat batch cooked fudge of unknown origin made by a festival participant so for now I will be putting fudge cooking operations on temporary halt awaiting further news

once again very sorry about everything and hope a smiley is now ok? :) 

It wasn't the silly duck part that pissed people off.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Two people that I know (they are completely independant of each other) have recently bought rather large quntities of food, everything from staples to snacks and treats. They are both complete stoners and have both ransacked their supplies of snacks and treats over the last couple of days.  :D

1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Two people that I know (they are completely independant of each other) have recently bought rather large quntities of food, everything from staples to snacks and treats. They are both complete stoners and have both ransacked their supplies of snacks and treats over the last couple of days.  :D

Can you just tell them to stay away if they are Asda Taunton customers :) not a fun time in retail atm !! 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Can you just tell them to stay away if they are Asda Taunton customers :) not a fun time in retail atm !! 

Do you have any more info on pasta supply lines? Or even the best time to go in to buy some? I’m fully prepared to go on a 3am fusilli hunt. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Do you have any more info on pasta supply lines? Or even the best time to go in to buy some? I’m fully prepared to go on a 3am fusilli hunt. 

We had lots of  5kg bags delivered one day ... maybe wed .they went in a day .. but have only had small quantities since ... it will depend on depots and how much they get in ... the thing being now that although we might have enough toilet paper or maybe pasta  in a depot only so much can fit on lorries ... we could restock the toilet paper for example but that might have to be at the expense of something else ... worth trying fresh pasta or being there for opening time on a sun 9.30 for ours for 10am opening or if not 24hr whatever time they open on mon gives best chance ... nights have got incredibly busy so that might not work 

@crazyfool1 my local asda hasn’t had any pasta for over a week. Not even fresh or gluten free.  I’m not even wanting to stockpile I’m just a crap cook and pasta is what I pretty much live on 😂

I have managed to sort the toilet roll situation though. I should be good for the next few months. 

1 hour ago, Claire0406 said:

When do they usually send the email out regarding payment week? 

My last one was third week March with a reminder sent later. As payment week begins 1 April GFL will be forced into a fresh statement soon as the crisis escalates. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

@crazyfool1 my local asda hasn’t had any pasta for over a week. Not even fresh or gluten free.  I’m not even wanting to stockpile I’m just a crap cook and pasta is what I pretty much live on 😂

I have managed to sort the toilet roll situation though. I should be good for the next few months. 

Likewise I really didn’t want a 24 pack !! Different depots you are in Leeds aren’t u ? I reckon those times stated  will be best chances ... if the store is open things just aren’t lasting long at the moment for amounts coming off the wagons  ... I’m sure it will change but I did think that it would have done by now ... at first I thought it odd this hording but it’s an unfortunate result of media and I’ve become more accepting of it as a human response 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Go, if its your last gig you dance to your death. Happened here on Weds, Tame Impala had an arena gig and it was sold out. The venue posted the schedule and tons of people saying it should be called off. Little did they know the large gatherings ban would happen later that evening so you would be grateful to have gone to something.

What a great post 👊

21 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Make your own pasta? Youll have time to learn how to do it, plenty of youtube videos on it. Eggs, flour and oil is all you need. Seriously, its cheaper and you can control your portions better that way 

Just now, Jack.194 said:

Hmmmm, account made 3 minutes ago, any more info?

Had a ton of those happen with Coachella last weekend. Everyone saying they had a source it was outright cancelled, yet they didnt pick up on the fact that it all changed overnight from Sunday to Monday. Some whispers of a potential October postponement which played out in my favor by booking hotels at a much better rate before it was finally confirmed and prices skyrocketed.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Slightly off topic but would appreciate it: anyone used Ticketswap? Is it safe? About to get an orbital ticket for tonight. Ta!

yes, had some great deals in the past - the service is absolutely legit.

But please - do yourself, the society and especially the health system a huge favor and don't go to the gig.

It's not about you catching the virus; as you might know, most of people (around 80%) are able to deal with COVID-19 like with a flu.

So it's more about having the virus without knowing and spreading it amongst other people... who will pass it on to the risk groups.

If you don't already know about this text, you might read it in order to understand, why we all have to act this way.

The more and the earlier people act, the greater is the possibility to flatten the curve (see point 3 in the text) - and the more likely glastonbury will take place.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a teacher, but I had a similar mindset just a few days ago. It has now changed completely and I would rather stay at home than take the risk of being partly responsible for a collapse of the national health system.

Peace out from Germany.