Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

3 minutes ago, Babylon sister said:

My partner is gutted that Santana has cancelled their tour but he's hopeful he'll reschedule. I hope your gig goes ahead. 

That sucks. Hopefully either rescheduled or refunded?

Thanks, I'm doing my best to pretty philosophical about the whole thing. Got a whole raft of stuff lined up over the next few months, and none, some or all of it might get canned. Or it might not. We'll see.

My current hope is that the half marathon I've entered is cancelled so that I can go go the Dreadzone gig I'd double booked for the night before with a clear conscience! :lol:

Edited by Quark

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Kinda.

I've got a Levellers gig on Thursday.  Unless they cancel it, I'll be going.

I'm pretty careful on my own personal hygiene with the hand washing, not touching my face etc. Govt advice isn't yet to cancel everything. If stuff's going ahead, I'm rolling with it.

Not going to make the breakdown of society a self-fulfilling prophecy!

They'll be more than a couple at a Levellers gig that won't have even seen a bar of soap 

1 minute ago, justperfect said:

They'll be more than a couple at a Levellers gig that won't have even seen a bar of soap 

That is a shameful generalisation and I'll thank you to mind your tongue.

True though :lol:

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm doing my best to pretty philosophical about the whole thing. Got a whole raft of stuff lined up over the next few months, and none, some or all of it might get canned. Or it might not. We'll see.

My current hope is that the half marathon I've entered is cancelled so that I can go go the Dreadzone gig I'd double booked for the night before with a clear conscience! :lol:

Id go for the dreadzone gig over a half marathon any day, theyre fab live 😁

Oh and theyre expecting santana to reschedule, a refund is available but he's hanging on to his ticket for the moment to see when its going to go ahead. Hes got great seats and doesnt want to let them go lol

Edited by Babylon sister
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Spindles said:

We have our first case in our workplace confirmed today.  Getting closer every day.

Think I might actually have it but I won't know for sure as they are only testing hospital admissions now which is kinda annoying. 

Definitely had high temperature last few days, yesterday was awful but feeling a bit better now apart from the coughing. Wife had the same last weekend so assume I got it from her, she is mostly better now but still coughing a little. Don't know where she got it from, maybe work? Will be isolating at home for 7 days anyhow.

Edited by I am Jon

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

Thanks, I'm doing my best to pretty philosophical about the whole thing. Got a whole raft of stuff lined up over the next few months, and none, some or all of it might get canned. Or it might not. We'll see.

Ha ha - went to see my raving mate on Thursday who had entered the Manchester marathon, foolishly, last year. He’s been training for it, but absolutely hating it for past few months. Felt obliged to run  it though, because he wanted “the challenge”

He’s now over the fucking moon it’s been postponed - he can now come out with us in Sheffield to Hope Works the night before!*

*Unless this gets cancelled. Which it probably will.

Edited by The Red Telephone

22 minutes ago, Babylon sister said:

Id go for the dreadzone gig over a half marathon any day, theyre fab live 😁

Oh and theyre expecting santana to reschedule, a refund is available but he's hanging on to his ticket for the moment to see when its going to go ahead. Hes got great seats and doesnt want to let them go lol

Fingers crossed!

Whilst most on here worry about Glasto being cancelled the NHS have moved quietly and efficiently (almost) on to a war footing. Mrs Lycra was called in for full barrier equipment fitting and her unit rigged for full closed quarantine operating. Obviously it's a fast moving and evolving situation but we both thought it prudent to self isolate from my elderly parents.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Whilst most on here worry about Glasto being cancelled the NHS have moved quietly and efficiently (almost) on to a war footing. Mrs Lycra was called in for full barrier equipment fitting and her unit rigged for full closed quarantine operating. Obviously it's a fast moving and evolving situation but we both thought it prudent to self isolate from my elderly parents.

Pass on thanks to Mrs Lycra for being a trooper.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

With regard to it being mental to go to a gig/pub tonight, is't the general policy 'we're all going to get it anyway'?

I have no idea, it would be nice if the government let us know either way, instead they seem to have fudged whatever they were initially planning and have just left everyone else guessing what to do.

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

President Trump says he took the coronavirus test last night. Says he isn't exactly sure when he will get the result.

why the fuck is the entire stage filled with allegedly vital personnel coordinating the crisis response ?????

It's almost like you're not familiar with the last 3 years of his presidency. Par for the course.

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

Slightly off topic but would appreciate it: anyone used Ticketswap? Is it safe? About to get an orbital ticket for tonight. Ta!

Generally it's sound, have used it to buy and sell before. People can link it to their facebook etc so you get a bit more about who you're buying from.

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

Slightly off topic but would appreciate it: anyone used Ticketswap? Is it safe? About to get an orbital ticket for tonight. Ta! 

Yeah, I've never had any problems. There were loads on twickets earlier BTW. 

I'd be careful though as last entry to Printworks is normally 5pm. They may have relaxed this today though given the circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Yeah, I've never had any problems. There were loads on twickets earlier BTW. 

I'd be careful though as last entry to Printworks is normally 5pm. They may have relaxed this today though given the circumstances. 

Yup they've relaxed it

Edited by zahidf

Just now, bombfrog said:

People were saying this on the Orbital Facebook Group. Seems strange to me but that's apparently a thing now.

I think it's because it shuts at 11pm so they want to prevent people just turning up for the main act as a warm up for a night out elsewhere.