Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

25 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Anyone who thinks Glastonbury is going ahead this year is quite frankly delusional. I am sure the penny will drop at some point.

We are staring down the barrel of the greatest amount of global social and economic upheaval in living memory.

Maybe. We're not so far, and the first known occurrence was supposedly November.

Maybe we will be, but you're in no position to call the shots, and your presence here is trollish to say the least. What are you gaining by pretending to know anything?

20 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

This is 480,000 people dying as a result of catching this virus. Some might have died of something else I suppose, but it’s like saying don’t try to cure cancer cos they might get hit by a bus anyway. 

I not implying we shouldnt worry or not take precautions like, just interested to know what the figures will be. 'Underlying health concerns'  is a common phrase x

2 minutes ago, Babylon sister said:

This isnt in the spirit of glastonbury, im hoping you wont be going either way.

Oh he'll he back again moaning he had a bad day. Usually pulls the mental health thing like it excuses his persistent arseholery. Then offers fudge. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

I’m going to laugh in your face in a few days when it’s cancelled you silly duck! :) 

Laughing about someone being upset is a very narrow minded and shit take on things. 

You may have your opinion but other people are allowed their own too, this is a forum for people who share the same values/respects and if you don't then you are welcome to leave. 

2 minutes ago, zico martin said:

I not implying we shouldnt worry or not take precautions like, just interested to know what the figures will be. 'Underlying health concerns'  is a common phrase x

In 2014/2015 there were 28,000 deaths from flu in England. There was none of this hype then. We should all take sensible precautions. Personally id rather be on a farm with 200,000 people and an abundance of fresh air than working in our poorly ventilated building at the moment but thats not to be. 

14 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Grow up. Like they’re going to stop people assembling or football forever for fun. It isn’t the Conservative party historically that wants a huge government that reaches out and interferes with everything. 

Currently the Civil Contingencies Act gives the government 30 days before Parliament has to vote to re-approve those measures. However they want to use their majority to extend that, who’s to say what to and for how long? That’s my major concern, especially as this is the same PM and Tory party that wanted to circumvent Parliament and force through the Brexit bill in 3 days and also illegally prorogued Parliament.

Any use of extension of emergencies acts is in my opinion a very dangerous precedent.

Just now, Ozanne said:

Currently the Civil Contingencies Act gives the government 30 days before Parliament has to vote to re-approve those measures. However they want to use their majority to extend that, who’s to say what to and for how long? That’s my major concern, especially as this is the same PM and Tory party that wanted to circumvent Parliament and force through the Brexit bill in 3 days and also illegally prorogued Parliament.

Any use of extension of emergencies acts is in my opinion a very dangerous precedent.

Tories actively want us to carry on as normal and get this virus and take the death hit to protect the economy as far as they can - their version of the lesser of two evils.

There is an argument for that.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Jack.194 said:

342 new cases today, so new cases today are 43% of the previous days identified cases. Previous days percentages (going backwards) were 35%, 29%, 22% and 16%. 
So the growth rate is growing (as we already knew.)

Viruses spread exponentially, that was always going to happen and will continue to happen until we hit an inflection point whenever that may be. The numbers will get fairly big (relatively speaking) in the not too distant future 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I really think that should be least of your worries. They need tax revenue, and ideally every business in the U.K. not to go to the wall and every employee not to lose their job. Extending these measures for an hour longer than they deem necessary is really not in their interests.

8 minutes ago, Babylon sister said:

In 2014/2015 there were 28,000 deaths from flu in England. There was none of this hype then. We should all take sensible precautions. Personally id rather be on a farm with 200,000 people and an abundance of fresh air than working in our poorly ventilated building at the moment but thats not to be. 

So I wonder if the number of fatalities from 'flu' will decrease this year then?

4 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Tories actively want us to carry on as normal and get this virus and take the death hit to protect the economy as far as they can - their version of the lesser of two evils.

There is an argument for that.

🙄

People are dying and the best you can manage is cheap political points.

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I really think that should be least of your worries. They need tax revenue, and ideally every business in the U.K. not to go to the wall and every employee not to lose their job. Extending these measures for an hour longer than they deem necessary is really not in their interests.

Depends if they have other purposes for them. It's not top of the list of my worries, but I wouldn't put it past them.

11 minutes ago, Babylon sister said:

If they announced “we know flu normally kills about 20,000 people per year, but this year it’s a particularly bad one and we’re gonna let 500,000 die instead”, do you think there would be no “hype”...cos that’s what “herd immunity” acquired by letting 80% of the population catch it looks like.