Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Everybody calm the fuck down 

the sooner they crack down on events the better 

Are they going to cancel events for THREE months?

The answer is no they aren’t 

The situation will be far worse in 3 months. Initially they will cancel events for maybe a month, then it will be two, and then three, until we have passed the peak of the virus, which is 3 months away. 

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Everybody calm the fuck down 

the sooner they crack down on events the better 

Are they going to cancel events for THREE months?

The answer is no they aren’t 

I’m sorry but there are so many more factors that just ‘there probably won’t be a ban on mass gatherings by the time Glastonbury comes around so it’ll go ahead’

There is absolutely not a chance the festival is going ahead this year.

Very simple reasons here - YES there could be a peak reached before the end of June.

However two things - firstly the sheer uncertainty will make things very difficult to organise.

And secondly even if the peak is reached, huge mass gatherings like Glastonbury would be absolutely prime ways that a second surge could happen.

All it would take is a small percentage of those infected and it would spread like wildfire again with people taking these infections back all around the country. 

Much bigger risk than PL football.

Edited by arcade fireman
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Matt42 said:

I’ve seen a tweet that BBC news night have said Glastonbury will be cancelled on Monday. Can someone verify? 

They were referencing tonight's Newsnight, the exact quote was:

"This might not be for a short period, we could see big public events like Wimbledon, Glastonbury, Royal Ascot, The Grand National all postponed—life starting to look very different indeed"

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Right, so it's possible to be a carrier of the virus but not show any symptoms. Does anyone know how long it stays in the system for if you're just a carrier?

If it normally takes a week to show up and you're contagious for 2-3 weeks, then perhaps you're a carrier for about 3 weeks?  So if you go to a coronaparty, don't visit the old folks home for about a month afterwards and you should be good... Unless you didn't catch it at the party, but a few weeks later.  :O 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If it normally takes a week to show up and you're contagious for 2-3 weeks, then perhaps you're a carrier for about 3 weeks?  So if you go to a coronaparty, don't visit the old folks home for about a month afterwards and you should be good... Unless you didn't catch it at the party, but a few weeks later.  :O 

Why are people throwing Corona parties? Surely it's better to just... not catch it?

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve seen a tweet that BBC news night have said Glastonbury will be cancelled on Monday. Can someone verify? 

I think that’s just in relation to public gatherings being cancelled as of Monday. No mention of how long for though, so no way of knowing if that will affect Glastonbury or not.

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

You didn’t see what I was quoting against ????

I don't know what you mean.  Are the sinks always well stocked with soap, with nobody behind you waiting for the taps? Are the hand sanitiser dispensers always full at Glastonbury?   Are they fuck.  Our favourite festival may be better than most for these things, but it's not a clean place.  Of course it's not.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I think that’s just in relation to public gatherings being cancelled as of Monday. No mention of how long for though, so no way of knowing if that will affect Glastonbury or not.

Yup its speculation that it COULD effect Glastonbury.

Seeing as this thread appears to be full of people constantly agreeing it’s done and getting cancelled, and you’ve managed to scare off anyone who wants to remain positive..

Do you not think all of your negativity is just reinforcing each other’s views and convincing you further that it’s over. This thread is absolutely morbid.

• Upvote 3