Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

25 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Exactly my thinking. All these tours that are being cancelled are being rescheduled for before Glastonbury. Newest being Elbow now playing Ireland week before. They are not going to organise all of that to only cancel again. I think we are safe by a few weeks.

I believe it's a temporary reschedule. If it's still bad by that time they will cancel or reschedule again. 

It's still not so bad though. At least it seems we have a tiny bit of hope. 

At least for those that are already in the UK. We foreigners have a lot more obstacles to get through.

27 minutes ago, august1 said:

Due to go to Portugal in 10 days, was planning on going regardless as just as likely to get in here but seems they are closing everything down

Are the flights cancelled though? I am meant to go to Turkey end of April and the only thing stopping me is if bloody easyjet cancel the flights! I figure im a little safer round a pool in 80-90 degree heat than here in the cold and wet :D

3 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

If you want to frighten yourself into daftness, then the current increase per day is 28.3%:
image.png.271617f96b0bac161ae04961e4633ac7.png

Italy @ 15k cases today  = 25th March here if we continue on this graph.

I thought I'd cheer everyone up.

This is not necessarily a bad thing as the more we test the more cases we will find.  What matters most is the ratio of deaths to cases. 

We booked our honeymoon to Mexico about a week or 2 before this all started and said we’d book the flights separately  “when they get cheaper”. Now left in a situation where I’m scared to book them incase they get cancelled and scared not to book them incase the flight sells out and we can’t get there.

It’ll be gone by September right? RIGHT?!

Edited by DareToDibble

2 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Emily's message that accompanied the lineup is a bit scary. Sounds like they don't know if it'll happen either. But surely everyone will turn up anyway lol

I mean, the reality is they don't know if it will happen. A lot is out of their control. The government could quite easily ban outdoor events come June if things have yet to improve.

31 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

If anyone getting a cough or feeling hot at Glasto is sent off for treatment/isolation, the place will be empty by the Saturday morning.

why? The chances of having stood close to that person is tiny, and the chance of infection from them even less - and there'd be similar (often more) risk anywhere else too.

As things stand I'd personally be happy to attend Glastonbury even if each day ten* people at the fest were getting ill. 
(* I can't be sure I'd feel the same if it was 100 a day).

Edited by eFestivals

13 minutes ago, Havors said:

Are the flights cancelled though? I am meant to go to Turkey end of April and the only thing stopping me is if bloody easyjet cancel the flights! I figure im a little safer round a pool in 80-90 degree heat than here in the cold and wet :D

Nope and cant see it being cancelled, hotel is non refundable. I'd rather get away!

9 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

We booked our honeymoon to Mexico about a week or 2 before this all started and said we’d book the flights separately  “when they get cheaper”. Now left in a situation where I’m scared to book them incase they get cancelled and scared not to book them incase the flight sells out and we can’t get there.

It’ll be gone by September right? RIGHT?!

Airlines pretty desperate right now so should be able to get excellent cancellation/rebooking terms regardless. Read the small print but I’d go for it if you can find something at the right price. 

Just now, yehbutnobut said:

Really is not looking good is it 😥

My initial reaction is negative, although it's a month earlier than glasto so hopefully we end up just on the right side of cancellations, also as it's in Dundee I guess they're following the more extreme measures in place up there? 

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

why? The chances of having stood close to that person is tiny, and the chance of infection from them even less - and there'd be similar (often more) risk anywhere else too.

As things stand I'd personally be happy to attend Glastonbury even if each day ten* people at the fest were getting ill. 
(* I can't be sure I'd feel the same if it was 100 a day).

I think perhaps @Brave Sir Robinwas referring to the fact that nearly everyone gets a cough and a a bit sweaty on any normal Glastonbury weekend 🤔