Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. 

If this virus is droplet based not aerosol, as long as we’re not coughing into someones face, are we not better off not coughing into our hands or arms and just letting the droplets land harmlessly on the floor which you shouldn’t be licking anyway. 

How many people cough into their hands then use a door handle or photocopier? 

Ideally we’d all cough into a mask but we don’t have many available. 

I'm sorry, but Paul Pogba is the watchword for reliability in my house.

Just now, parsonjack said:

What is official advice on travel within UK?  We're supposed to be visiting relatives in Birmingham tomorrow (travelling from Frome, Somerset) but I can't decide whether we still should or not 🤔

You’re as likely to catch it at home as you are in Birmingham just keep yourself sanitised

24 minutes ago, Havors said:

You do get the impression than no matter what the government say a lot of people are going to do what they want anyway. 

Especially if they think the government is incompetent, is led by someone who is not to be trusted etc.

33 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Record Store Day was moved to June 20th. I guess that's good news?

Exactly my thinking. All these tours that are being cancelled are being rescheduled for before Glastonbury. Newest being Elbow now playing Ireland week before. They are not going to organise all of that to only cancel again. I think we are safe by a few weeks.

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Exactly my thinking. All these tours that are being cancelled are being rescheduled for before Glastonbury. Newest being Elbow now playing Ireland week before. They are not going to organise all of that to only cancel again. I think we are safe by a few weeks.

TBF I don't think Elbow know more than anyone else.

26 minutes ago, mike86 said:

I cant see the merit in a total lockdown. Its not like the cure is just around the corner. Lock down for 2 weeks then what? It'll just start over again. The aim is to delay it and slow down the spread so the health services can cope. We aren't beating it. 

I've absolutely no idea what is the best approach. All I'm saying is what's been passed on to me. It may well be misinformation. I have no idea. All I do know is that my mate's lines in are to those people whose job it is to create disaster plan scenarios to the Government. I know from experience that any organisation worth it's salt has contingency plans for various 'could happen' eventualities. That said, lots of organisations actually don't. However, the Government do. Maybe not for all potential situations, because who knows what's around the corner potentially. All he is saying is that it's been let slip to him that this is going to happen. And all I am saying is the same thing that he has been told. It could be a load of bollocks. Fuck knows. I guess we'll know within 7 days whether his sources are right. 

2 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Especially if they think the government is incompetent, is led by someone who is not to be trusted etc.

This is what irks me when everyone points to what China did/is doing and asks why we're not doing the same. When you rule as a totalitarian government rather than as a democracy, of course you can shut the whole country down if you like.

Ultimately the country can only be completely shut down, or as close to it, for a couple of weeks or so. At the moment we seem to be getting action taken gradually, which is in line with trying to level out the peak, is it not?

God knows. Wish I'd stop thinking about this stuff.

20 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

What is official advice on travel within UK?  We're supposed to be visiting relatives in Birmingham tomorrow (travelling from Frome, Somerset) but I can't decide whether we still should or not 🤔

Is that Birmingham, Alabama or the place just off the M5?😁

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

8 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Thats a different story! haha! He is not the one giving the advice though is he.... hes just some fat bellend bumbling his way through... the experts advice is quite logical at the moment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

This is what irks me when everyone points to what China did/is doing and asks why we're not doing the same. When you rule as a totalitarian government rather than as a democracy, of course you can shut the whole country down if you like.

Ultimately the country can only be completely shut down, or as close to it, for a couple of weeks or so. At the moment we seem to be getting action taken gradually, which is in line with trying to level out the peak, is it not?

God knows. Wish I'd stop thinking about this stuff.

You’re entirely right. I think what we are seeing now understandably is that a lot of people/organisations/sporting events are going in to self protection mode irrespective of government guidance. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing as it might do a lot of the governments eventual job for them anyway. But naturally a lot of people who are acting against it don’t want to take the risk of getting it and are shutting up shop. The danger of this is they can’t do it indefinitely, and when they want to open up shop again, the virus will still be circling and the exact same risks apply as before, what to they do then?

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

anyone getting ill at the festival is likely to be the equivalent of someone getting ill at home, so all of the same things can apply to it. Ship them off to hospital if necessary, or send them home to isolate.

If anyone getting a cough or feeling hot at Glasto is sent off for treatment/isolation, the place will be empty by the Saturday morning.