Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There's a lot of talk of "peaking" - should we actually call it "plateuing"? Since the number of cases will presumably go up again once lockdown measures are eased, maybe these aren't peak numbers we're seeing?  

I think the assumption is that by then the cumulative number of cases will be the same as it we'd had a higher, earlier peak. So that due to the number of people who should now have built some kind of immunity is the same and so the number of infections will die down as people recover

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There's a lot of talk of "peaking" - should we actually call it "plateuing"? Since the number of cases will presumably go up again once lockdown measures are eased, maybe these aren't peak numbers we're seeing?  

I guess that’s where the timing aspect comes in? Hence why we aren’t starting them too early because we come out of too soon and it spikes again. I might be naive in thinking this but I’m assuming this is where the modelling comes in 

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The hope would be that we peak, reduce in cases and then likely have a secondary upturn when lockdown measures are eased, but not to the same extent as the initial peak.

52 minutes ago, jparx said:

Tbf they may be able to keep the headliners on board at least (Kenny, Macca and Taylor all currently free in August by the looks). I think the lineup issue would be something they'd just do their best with, and I imagine ticket holders would be grateful to have an event at all this year. You'd lose a load of acts, but also be able to pick up new ones that are touring later in the summer I guess.

The farming issue seems to be the biggest hurdle to clear. 

Certainly unlikely but I think if they're really desperate to go ahead with something they could make it work in some form or fashion. They might just see it as too much of a ballache though.

Could this be the time for the return of... The Fantasy Jamboree (or whatever it was 'called')?!

Rising phoenix like, with a trio of conquering headliners: Foals; The Chris Martin Experience (AKA Chris Martin); and whatever is left of The Who. 

26 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't read the thread recently, so don't know where we are at with it. However, one of my friends has indicated to me that I should expect to hear that this country will be put in to total 'lock down' within the next 7 days. Now, I don't know whether his sources are going to be right, but do know that they are 'high up', and that they are the people who are charged with creating plans for all types of disaster scenario within the country. I guess a short amount of time will tell.

I cant see the merit in a total lockdown. Its not like the cure is just around the corner. Lock down for 2 weeks then what? It'll just start over again. The aim is to delay it and slow down the spread so the health services can cope. We aren't beating it. 

2 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

It's better than FLOTUS , which sounds all sorts of wrong. :)

Just googling.....

Sigh, I need to start tuning in; gin 🍸

Edited by oneeye

2 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

We're saved!

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. 

If this virus is droplet based not aerosol, as long as we’re not coughing into someones face, are we not better off not coughing into our hands or arms and just letting the droplets land harmlessly on the floor which you shouldn’t be licking anyway. 

How many people cough into their hands then use a door handle or photocopier? 

Ideally we’d all cough into a mask but we don’t have many available. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. 

If this virus is droplet based not aerosol, as long as we’re not coughing into someones face, are we not better off not coughing into our hands or arms and just letting the droplets land harmlessly on the floor which you shouldn’t be licking anyway. 

How many people cough into their hands then use a door handle or photocopier? 

Ideally we’d all cough into a mask but we don’t have many available. 

According to Michael Osterholm it is highly contagious just from breathing.

Rugby off tomorrow as well now.... prime example of people/organisations panicking and second guessing experts advice....  

image.png.63e743a22c4c934dbe82c6c16ed071ce.png

You do get the impression than no matter what the government say a lot of people are going to do what they want anyway. 

Edited by Havors