Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

1 minute ago, Snerrick said:

I have a trip to Malaga from London booked for Saturday. Do you really think we should cancel?

Aye, going to Seville for 4 days, then Malaga for 4 days as part of a single trip.  I'm going a week on Sunday. I'm guessing it's going to go down to the 11th hour before I know if I'm going or not... 

1 hour ago, bombfrog said:

Interesting, didn't know that.

I don't think it makes it any more likely to happen but I wish I'd have known that yesterday when people were trying to argue with me that it could never happen in September because the weather was so much worse than in June :D

Surely it would be more to do with licensing than weather. It's gone on before in awful weather!

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

To provide a little more context, 2,288 tests were completed yesterday which was a big increase on the last couple of days (second highest to date.

The % of tests which returned positive readings actually slightly fell. 

thanks!

7 minutes ago, Snerrick said:

I have a trip to Malaga from London booked for Saturday. Do you think we ought to think about cancelling?

Spain is worse than the UK at present, but probably only a few days ahead of us, so the risk to you is not greatly different (Unless you just self-isolate at home). 

Any travel insurance you may have won’t necessarily cover you cancelling anyway, mine’s a fairly standard one and I can only cancel a big trip in 15 days if I’m certified ill (or dead, so the policy says!)

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

With regards the line-up drop, is it possible that they had planned to drop it today but decided to hold off after the Cobra meeting was announced? Not because Glasto is being cancelled (no sign of that yet), but just totally, news-wise, maybe not the best day etc.

yeah in a way, I also think its defiant to release it anyway! still holding out hope for - 7pm x

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

With regards the line-up drop, is it possible that they had planned to drop it today but decided to hold off after the Cobra meeting was announced? Not because Glasto is being cancelled (no sign of that yet), but just totally, news-wise, maybe not the best day etc.

Not sure any day is good at the moment ... Neil hearing today means no change I would think they would have already known about the days events