Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

Ugly scenes here.  Just been to collect my prescription (GPs are now closed to all face to face appointments from today, not sure if that's announced yet) and the ladies at the chemist were close to tears.  Today they've had people fighting inside the chemist and had to get the police in, they were very shaken up and I'm very sad that they are having to go through this.

Please be civil people, please be nice to each other, please don't make this worse than it has to be.  If you think that punching a woman in her 60s in the face because you can't buy hand sanitiser is a reasonable action I don't want to share a planet with you.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

Ugly scenes here.  Just been to collect my prescription (GPs are now closed to all face to face appointments from today, not sure if that's announced yet) and the ladies at the chemist were close to tears.  Today they've had people fighting inside the chemist and had to get the police in, they were very shaken up and I'm very sad that they are having to go through this.

Please be civil people, please be nice to each other, please don't make this worse than it has to be.  If you think that punching a woman in her 60s in the face because you can't buy hand sanitiser is a reasonable action I don't want to share a planet with you.

Well we can add that to the pile labelled "fucking dreadful"

2 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Bloody hell that's grim!!

50 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

If the heat maay be beneficial to stopping the virus, why does Iran and other hot spots have cases or am I being dim ???

I've read conflicting things-- one article said the virus seems to really struggle in temps of around 26 or 27 degrees and over, another article said that temperature doesn't seem to make much difference (unlike the normal flu virus), so not sure what to believe! 

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

If only Covid-19 was selective.

2 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Yeah, I'm proper upset to be honest.  These ladies don't need to be going through this. 

No one does.

In much the same way that the virus is the greatest risk to those with underlying health problems, so the panicking and shitty behaviour is most affecting those with underlying being a c**t problems.

8 minutes ago, Spindles said:

It's worrying that people are already like that at this stage before things have begun in earnest - what will they be like a month into this?! 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It's worrying that people are already like that at this stage before things have begun in earnest - what will they be like a month into this?! 

I blame Kay Burley.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, babyblade41 said:

If the heat maay be beneficial to stopping the virus, why does Iran and other hot spots have cases or am I being dim ???

Iran has ski resorts and mountains you know......

• Downvote 1

Just now, grilladelphia said:

"Ahead of the meeting one attendee, Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon, called for the cancellation of mass gatherings of 500 people or more."

boooooo hissssss

She could do with a good festival that one. 

Miserable old boot.

2 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

"Ahead of the meeting one attendee, Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon, called for the cancellation of mass gatherings of 500 people or more."

boooooo hissssss

Think that’s more to prevent her predecessor striking again than anything to do with Corona.