Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

I really, really hope it means increase. Trying to keep positive!! :) 

somehow I feel that it being officially classed as a global pandemic is not going to do anything to help... but im still optimistic all will go ahead as planned and we can look back on this thread and laugh in years to come.

9 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Getting back to business a pandemic now = increase or decrease chance of the G?

I don’t think this changes anything for the chances.

I’ve caught up on the thread now and given the small updates from other festivals I’m feeling pretty positive about it. Festivals are still pressing ahead and the increase in UK cases remains steady. 

Just now, lukethekid said:

I don’t know much about anything but the quicker it was classed a pandemic the longer we’ve got for it to be declassed as a pandemic.

AD6CCEB4-5557-4B2D-BCC9-A65948637471.gif

Might shock all of you but I did think this. Get the worst of this over by end of March? Ambitious?

Have growing concerns about number of places being closed or events cancelled because one person has tested positive or others need to self-isolate die to potential contact. Give it a week or two and government won't need to halt football matches as all the players will be in self-isolation.

7 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Have growing concerns about number of places being closed or events cancelled because one person has tested positive or others need to self-isolate die to potential contact. Give it a week or two and government won't need to halt football matches as all the players will be in self-isolation.

Strange watching football players not shaking hands and instead doing elbow bumps instead, then proceeding to gob and empty the contents of their noses all over the pitch! 

Have I misread the stats for Italy? If not why do they have such a high mortality rate at this stage? - it can just be due to their age demographics. It's deeply worrying if they have a near 10% death rate before the case have even cracked 100,000+

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Strange watching football players not shaking hands and instead doing elbow bumps instead, then proceeding to gob and empty the contents of their noses all over the pitch! 

... and then shake hands and hug each other at the end anyway.

My theory with these things are they’re just designed to raise public awareness and that’s it.

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Have I misread the stats for Italy? If not why do they have such a high mortality rate at this stage? - it can just be due to their age demographics. It's deeply worrying if they have a near 10% death rate before the case have even cracked 100,000+

Are they prioritising testing for older/at risk people, which will of skew the mortality rate against number of tracked infections?

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Its definitely high, but you’ve been doing a lot of rounding with your numbers, it’s just over 6% not 10%, deaths are 827 not 1000 and cases are nearly 12500.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

which is why we want Parliament open for as long as possible. :P

I like that Boris Johnson is pretending he hasn't been tested after his health minister got diagnosed, when we all know he probably shat himself and raced straight to the testing kit

I decided to not try for Hayley Williams tickets in the pre-sale as at the moment we just can’t predict what’s gonna happen. It’s in London and being in Glasgow I don’t want to risk losing out on the travel and accommodation costs. 

I think if Glastonbury was in May then it would be in trouble but end of June is just far enough out that it’s really hard to say what could happen between now and then.

Also, hey! It’s been a while since I posted.

Edited by Tartan_Glasto

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

The virus was widespread in Italy before they started testing. That was very obvious because their first positive cases were pretty much all dead victims. 

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Its definitely high, but you’ve been doing a lot of rounding with your numbers, it’s just over 6% not 10%, deaths are 827 not 1000 and cases are nearly 12500.

Ah, thanks - had to round the numbers as my memory is not powerful enough to remember the exact figures! 

Edited by Mr.Tease

9 minutes ago, beefykoala said:

I don’t think US festivals are much of a litmus test. They’re all worried about litigation there. You won’t get someone taking a festival organiser to court in the UK just because they caught Covid 19 from another festival goer. 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

The virus was widespread in Italy before they started testing. That was very obvious because their first positive cases were pretty much all dead victims. 

Ah, so the number of infections is actually much higher than the stats show at the moment and they're just playing catch up?