Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

Interesting really, who can judge that a football tournament can go ahead but a music festival can’t? A football tournament will be watched and enjoyed by far more people in more countries, but ultimately it’s a for profit venture. Glastonbury will still bring enjoyment to lots of people as well as raising lots of money for charity.

Ultimately neither are essential, but which is more important?

1 hour ago, Earth_pig said:

I would probably watch Coldplay over Kendrick Lamar.

Am I an awful person ? Yes probably 

Hopefully this flu will keep away Taylor aswell 👍😂

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Any headliner who stepped in during such circumstances would have so much goodwill felt towards them, they could hardly fail. 

I’m always a little baffled at the sheer vitriol towards Coldplay here. Ok, they’re not the most innovative group. Ok, CM is a bit pious and omnipresent, but they put out solid stuff and are responsible for several classics. 

Sometimes I feel like I’d rather be in the midst enjoying their set than surrounded by people who can’t stop telling everyone how awful they are (not directed at you, ZMG - I’m thinking of a family member of mine who does that). 

To be fair I would be nowhere near so it really wouldn't bother me if other people were watching them. Each to their own. Personally I think they're bloody awful and have done it way too many times but other people seem to like it.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Any headliner who stepped in during such circumstances would have so much goodwill felt towards them, they could hardly fail. 

I’m always a little baffled at the sheer vitriol towards Coldplay here. Ok, they’re not the most innovative group. Ok, CM is a bit pious and omnipresent, but they put out solid stuff and are responsible for several classics. 

Sometimes I feel like I’d rather be in the midst enjoying their set than surrounded by people who can’t stop telling everyone how awful they are (not directed at you, ZMG - I’m thinking of a family member of mine who does that). 

Always better to be in amongst it regardless of who it is; else what the hell is the point in being there?

Personal opinion is Chris Martin is a genuine and lovely man whose love affair with the festival came about because of a lovely and genuine thing he did for Michael Eavis. People mock cos that’s what we Brits do, but think/hope most of it’s good humored.

Agree with you on their music... solid with the odd classic. Don’t tend to listen to their music voluntarily but would love to see them at Glastonbury as have never seen them before, and they do look great live.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

An October festival sounds quite fun TBH. Bit of a pick me up heading into winter. 

Indeed! It's always bothered me, the lack of festivals outside the summer. It's like... you have a few months having great fun, then suddenly there's fuck all to do. Plus it feels like you're waiting forever for the festival season to come round again. At least a  October fest makes it all more digestible tbh!

Anyway, when's the best time to get cheap flights to California?

Edited by Gilgamesh69
  • Upvote 1