Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

I’ve been having an argument with some of my friends who want the whole country locked down now and think it’s irresponsible that we aren’t doing anything.

I’ve been trying to explain that despite us supposedly doing nothing, our daily increase in cases is fairly flat and much lower than the rate the worst hit countries have been increasing - despite them putting some pretty severe measures in place.

The reality is our cases are going up at a rate roughly in between the best and the worst rates, and that’s with us doing very little.

So with Glastonbury parked to one side, I’m inclined to agree with our governments approach so far. It seems daft to jump in now and out a load of lock down measures in place when things are a lot better here than many places that have put them in place. And it also appears that the advice of our top medical professionals that stopping sporting events won’t do a lot appears to be largely true as well.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think they would ... and Id hope under exceptional circumstances that there would be minimal negativity ( but Id fear different ) 

OK Coldplay are one of the few pyramid headliners I have seen , I had to take Mrs Amos, and TBH they good and I enjoyed it , (just don't tell Mrs Amos this 😉)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Perhaps they were lined up all along? We would never know. If it happened Mrs C like Mrs Amos would be quite happy!  Dont tell Mrs c but secretly I would also enjoy the singalong! 

MRS C TO THE FORUM PLEASE ........MRS C TO THE FORUM

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I'd quite like it if the poll in this thread had the option of changing one's vote. I voted 'likely to happen' and I'm still in that camp but would be interesting (and  >maybe<  informative? ) if the poll result could change to reflect the current situation.

Obviously am teetering on the point of changing my vote to 'It's happening' :)

to be honest the only reason i kept checking this thread was to see movement in the polls ? can people no longer vote