Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

7 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

U.K. summer is June -August, you’re just as likely to get good or bad weather in June as you are August. September would be a bit more dicey, as someone who spent a few years going to Bestival I’ve experienced bother glorious Sun, torrential rain and hurricanes.

Nope.

London-Weather.png

If anything, July and August are peak sunmer, June And September are at symmetrical points on the bell curve for both rainfall and temperature (June is slightly warmer and dryer but there's very little in it. We've had some lovely Septembers recently).

There are many good reasons not to move it to September, not least Neil's point about it not being a big enough gap, but I don't think the weather is different enough to be a factor.

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Today’s Coronovirus thread update:

2 threads Dead

1 thread reanimated 

1 thread under observation 

I’m going to move into the distancing phase

12 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Today’s Coronovirus thread update:

2 threads Dead

1 thread reanimated 

1 thread under observation 

Plus lot's of people clicking on threads and then complaining that they don't want to read them- why are they doing this?!

Covid-19 death toll jumps 36% in Italy

The death toll from an outbreak of coronavirus in Italy has jumped by 168 to 631, an increase of 36%, the Civil Protection Agency said on Tuesday, the largest rise in absolute numbers since the contagion came to light on 21 February, Reuters reports.

The total number of cases in Italy, the European country hardest hit by the virus in Europe, rose to 10,149 from a previous 9,172, an increase of 10.7%. 

The head of the agency said that, of those originally infected, 1,004 had fully recovered compared to 724 the day before. Some 877 people were in intensive care against a previous 733. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Geez! That’s horrible, a rapid rise over there. Hopefully the measures taken can result in an improvement.

7 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

I've seen a couple artists reschedule their March dates to June (JPEGMAFIA most recently). I feel like booking agents, venues, and promoters are all expecting there to be little interference with events by then.

Any other examples? And we’re the tours recheduled specifically because of the virus?
If so that filled me with hope (no doubt that hope will be stamped out too enough)

8 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Any other examples? And we’re the tours recheduled specifically because of the virus?
If so that filled me with hope (no doubt that hope will be stamped out too enough)

There's not a ton off the top of my head, but SebastiAn moved a show in France to May, Pearl Jam postponed North American dates, but not the dates in June. There's a couple others though.

33 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I hadn't intended this thread to hang around.  I would have locked it after a couple of days if I could.

Do you want every thread that doesn’t interest you but still look at and post in locked?

Cheltenham Festival( horse racing) is on at the moment, attracts roughly the same number of attendees as Glastonbury, it will be interesting to see if there is a spike in cases afterwards. They have put in hand sanitiser stations around the event. I think Glastonbury would have to go further, cleaning the toilets more often for instance.

I'd quite like it if the poll in this thread had the option of changing one's vote. I voted 'likely to happen' and I'm still in that camp but would be interesting (and  >maybe<  informative? ) if the poll result could change to reflect the current situation.

Obviously am teetering on the point of changing my vote to 'It's happening' :)