Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

86 pages of thread and you guys don't know for certain if an event 4 months in the future will go as planned since the introduction of a brand new virus no body knows how to prevent? What are you all even doing in there?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not sure, but probably cancelled is my vote. Obviously I hope it won't - I'll be paying my balance if the option to do so is there, and I'll be on the farm if it goes ahead - but this is more about having to manage my own expectations than anything. I'm going to be devastated if it gets cancelled, and so I need to start getting used to the idea that it might.

• Upvote 1

Looking at the decrease in new cases and the increase in recoveries in China over the past 3 weeks makes me think we'll be fine. It will get worse in the UK before it gets better, and events in March and April may well be cancelled/postponed, but I feel very confident the situation will have improved come June, enough for all summer festivals to go ahead.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If you read the other thread, you'd think that everyone is either hysterical or in firm denial.  To me, the outcome is a bit more uncertain at this point. 

What do you think?

Re-do the poll I say. Too much opportunity for fence sitting. We need a forum for utterly baseless speculation ;) 

I'm somewhere between no idea and pretty confident it'll go ahead.

It's the combination of medical experts saying a widespread outbreak is almost inevitable, and the government's plans to cancel mass gatherings in that scenario that adds up to 'no idea', to me. I'd have to ignore too much to be more confident.

That said, due to how far away it is, I'm hopeful.

Edited by kalifire

1 minute ago, pryce said:

As experts are saying that China have shown this can be contained and there are only 40, 000 active cases, I am pretty confident. See I can cherry pick which experts to follow as well

Their method of containment was literally nailing people’s doors shut so they can’t get outside and spread the virus. Try that over here and see what happens. 

3 minutes ago, pryce said:

As experts are saying that China have shown this can be contained and there are only 40, 000 active cases, I am pretty confident. See I can cherry pick which experts to follow as well

Which ones have you chosen then, out of interest?