My first ever gig.....

Chesh

40 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

I went to that show. So glad I actually got to see Bowie, and it was a killer set too.

I bunked off school and went with the now Mr Deebeedoobee and one of my brothers . I can remember coming out and seeing a see of cars in the car park. Brother had forgotten here he had parked his yellow painted post office van. 😩

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Inspiral Carpets - Aston Villa Leisure Centre 1991.

My second was Nirvana at The Hummingbird!

My first was also Inspiral Carpets in 1991, at the Oasis in Swindon. 
Noel Gallagher was the guitar tech and everyone cheered when he came on stage coz they thought he was Clint Boon, they had the same haircut 😂

1 minute ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Arctic Monkeys Lancashire Cricket Ground. Supports included a Japanese Beatles tribute band (class), Supergrass, The Coral and Amy Winehouse. It was 40 quid I think. I’ve seen them at least once on every tour since.

I had a ticket to that and my rents booked a bloody family holiday over it so I couldn't go. I still haven't fully forgiven them.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

I had a ticket to that and my rents booked a bloody family holiday over it so I couldn't go. I still haven't fully forgiven them.

Ah man. I was in school and Arctic Monkeys played Warrington Parr Hall, this lads Mam got tickets for me and him on her brew at work. Was all set to fuck off from school when she text my mate like “sorry Adam someone offered me £100 for them x”

4 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Ah man. I was in school and Arctic Monkeys played Warrington Parr Hall, this lads Mam got tickets for me and him on her brew at work. Was all set to fuck off from school when she text my mate like “sorry Adam someone offered me £100 for them x”

That's brutal.

Simple Minds, Glasgow Barrowlands 1986

they had hired the hall for 3 days to rehearse for an upcoming tour of the states but then decided to sell tickets and give money to charity, nearly 3 hrs of greatest hits, still to this day one of my favourite nights at the Barra’s 

32 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Arctic Monkeys Lancashire Cricket Ground. Supports included a Japanese Beatles tribute band (class), Supergrass, The Coral and Amy Winehouse. It was 40 quid I think. I’ve seen them at least once on every tour since.

I was there too. I remember thinking they were playing Beatles on the loudspeaker as we came in, then realised it was the tribute band. The Parrots, they're called. We saw them at the train station the next day in white suits. They had a kind of mega star persona about them which was quite funny.

Seen AM every tour since too. Was hoping they'd be at GF 50th but more likely for 21.

• Upvote 1

Cast at the Brighton Centre 1995. supported by the longpigs. Sound was great for the Longpigs (by Brighton Centre standards), then died a death when Cast came on. Wasn't the greatest debut experience. Luckily The Prodigy played around a month later, thats when the love affair with live music started...after my hearing had returned of course.

29 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I was there too. I remember thinking they were playing Beatles on the loudspeaker as we came in, then realised it was the tribute band. The Parrots, they're called. We saw them at the train station the next day in white suits. They had a kind of mega star persona about them which was quite funny.

Seen AM every tour since too. Was hoping they'd be at GF 50th but more likely for 21.

Be shocked if they don’t do Glastonbury 21. My first Glastonbury headliner was Arctic Monkeys in 2013. Unreal. One of my favourite gigs ever. 

We Are The Ocean at Electric Ballroom... I was 15. Bit of a wake up call when the wall of death happened.

The lead singer broke his collarbone in the moshpit, went off for a bit and then came back and finished the gig, legendary. Haven't listened to them in years now.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

First gig was T. rex in the Greens playhouse Glasgow before it became the Apollo   Then like you Uriah Heep ,Fairport Hawkwind and every heavy rock and prog band that played the greens/Apollo .  First festival was the Grangemouth great western express  festival in 72. Jeff beck, status quo , everly  brothers, beggars opera Billy Connolly as a folk singer ! 

Ooooh T Rex, deadly jealous! It’s funny we were probably at several of the same gigs! If you don’t know of it already, there’s a great website on the Apollo, I’m contributed to some of the gigs:

http://www.glasgowapollo.com/index.asp?s_id=1&m_id=1