My first ever gig.....

Chesh

First gig with the family was Michael Jackson (with Kris Kross supporting) at Wembley Stadium on the Dangerous tour in 1992.

First gig on my own was Reef at the Oxford Zodiac in 1996.

Edited by Mamba

8 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

First famous gig would have been David Bowie, Milton Keynes 1983

I won tickets in an online auction to go to Glasto in 2000. 
I couldn’t go so my mates got them. 
Massive massive regret 

6 minutes ago, The Spandex Warrior said:

Went to see Puff Daddy (as he was known back then) and "the Family" (so the likes of Carl Thomas, 112 and few others) at MEN Arena back. Teenaged me  was impressed that they had flames and fireworks. Otherwise it was complete shite.

🤣

3 minutes ago, Chesh said:

They were actually ok!

Hayley Mills son. 
Had a few decent tracks. 

Loved them at the time and always made the effort to go watch them again when they tour, always good fun!

Crispin Mills is the singer. 

5 minutes ago, Mamba said:

First gig with the family was Michael Jackson (with Kris Kross supporting) at Wembley Stadium on the Dangerous tour in 1992.

First gig on my own was Reef at the Oxford Zodiac in 1996.

👏

Just now, RossTC said:

Loved them at the time and always made the effort to go watch them again when they tour, always good fun!

Crispin Mills is the singer. 

I used to really fancy his mum. 
showing my age (56). 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nelson100 said:

Green Day at the Brighton Centre, 2005, support from New Found Glory.

Remember me and my friend sneaking off from my Dad to have a cigarette by the merch stand.

Saw them at Leeds Festival (I think). 👍

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

I went to that show. So glad I actually got to see Bowie, and it was a killer set too.

Jealous. 
I had a few opportunities to see Bowie. Through choice at the time I ‘didnt bother’. 
What an idiot. 

Seize the moment to see ‘that artist’ guys. 

Reluctant to admit, as it shows my age (and debatable taste!!):

Ten Years After (Blues rock band for those who don't know, played Woodstock), Manchester Hard Rock 26th October 1972. I kick myself as it was a really popular venue for a few years, and I missed Bob Marley, David Bowie & many more around that time.

After that: Hawkwind (With Lemmy), then Uriah Heep (Accompanied by the Heavy Metal Kids, with Gary Holton of later Auf Weidersehen fame) and many others at the iconic Glasgow Apollo.

First Festival: Knebworth 1976, with The Rolling Stones, 10CC, Todd Rundgren, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc.

Second Festival: Knebworth 1979, with Led Zeppelin, Fairport Convention, etc

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Ten Years After (Blues rock band for those who don't know, played Woodstock), Manchester Hard Rock 26th October 1972. I kick myself as it was a really popular venue for a few years, and I missed Bob Marley, David Bowie & many more around that time.

After that: Hawkwind (With Lemmy), then Uriah Heep (Accompanied by the Heavy Metal Kids, with Gary Holton of later Auf Weidersehen fame) and many others at the iconic Glasgow Apollo.

First Festival: Knebworth 1976, with The Rolling Stones, 10CC, Todd Rundgren, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc.

😎👏
age wise maybe not too far apart 

Edited by Chesh

One of the joys of being an oldie is that I got to see a lot of good bands in their infancy.

I started my gig going in 1967 at Bath Pavilion with shows promoted by Freddie Bannister, who later went on to run Knebworth.  He brought over a lot of US West Coat bands like Jefferson Airplane though probably my first gig there was the Electric Prunes.  He also championed 'young' British Bands like Led Zepp and Pink Floyd.

Freddy was also responsible for the Bath Blues Festival in 8.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Bannister which was part of the inspiration for ME to launch Glastonbury.  The two Bath fests were my first fests

Image result for bath blues festival 1968

Image result for bath blues festival 1968

Happy daze.

Edited by grumpyhack
  • Upvote 5

First gig or day festival was U2 The Longest Day at Milton Keynes bowl very wet and almost impossible to get out of the bowl. Good support from REM, the Ramones and even Billy Bragg.

29%2BU2.jpg

Probably the most memorable in the early days was the Silver Clef awards in Knebworth 1990 , it rained again but the line up of Pink Floyd, Paul McCartney, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Dire Straits, Elton John, Genesis, Phil Collins, Eric Claption, Tears for Fears and Status Quo was some show.   

14 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

First gig was T. rex in the Greens playhouse Glasgow before it became the Apollo   Then like you Uriah Heep ,Fairport Hawkwind and every heavy rock and prog band that played the greens/Apollo .  First festival was the Grangemouth great western express  festival in 72. Jeff beck, status quo , everly  brothers, beggars opera Billy Connolly as a folk singer !