My first ever gig.....

Chesh

6 minutes ago, waltere said:

Ash supporting The Darkness at Wembley Arena, Dec. 2004

Although having said this I was part of the crowds out front of Buckingham Palace for the Queen's Golden Jubilee concert, which probably counts instead.

5 minutes ago, Chesh said:

Wow. 
Boring or not, you can say you saw him. 
Very cool 😎👏

Yeah , I wish my 9 year old self could have appreciated it more to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, mike86 said:

Did he sing that one about the Cornetto?

Ha it was based on his songs I think 

Jason Donovan at the NEC in 1990. I was 6 and my mate's ma bought us tickets and took us. I have one clear image of it in my head, we were seated in the stands to the right of the stage.

My parents would never be able to take me to anything like that, so I didn't go to another paid gig until I was 18 in 2002 and took myself to see Alien Ant Farm at Birmingham Academy. (Prior to that I did see Danni Minogue and the Outhere Brothers play a couple of tracks at the Big Breakfast roadshow in Centenary Square in the mid 90s.)

10 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Yeah , I wish my 9 year old self could have appreciated it more to be honest. 

Ha it was based on his songs I think 

I took my young son to see The Eagles original line up when he was very young (he’s now 30). 
He regrets ‘missing’ them now because at the time he wasn’t arsed in any way to watch them.  

• Upvote 1

King (of Love and Pride 'fame') in I think 1985, Hammersmith Odeon supported by Drum major

I'd wanted the year before to go and see Tears for Fears but my parents deemed me too young :-( (I was 14) and to this day I wish I;'d been allowed. I finally saw TFF about 3 years ago in Hyde Park

32 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Michael Jackson - BAD world tour - Wembley Stadium - July 1988.
When he was at the top of his game...Incredible!

Jealous. Very. 
I was in my tent at Glasto when his death was announced. 

Edited by Chesh

13 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

King (of Love and Pride 'fame') in I think 1985, Hammersmith Odeon supported by Drum major

I'd wanted the year before to go and see Tears for Fears but my parents deemed me too young 😞 (I was 14) and to this day I wish I;'d been allowed. I finally saw TFF about 3 years ago in Hyde Park

Back in the 80’s I bought a pair of Paul Kings long leg signed (in silver pen) Doc Martens in an auction for £15!!!

i sold them a few years later for literally nowt!!