"Breaking News"

marathonsteve

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Donated - really hope the money can get you to Glastonbury one way or another 🙂 thank you so much for hosting this space i've loved being a part of for the last few years

it'll help, thanks people

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

A nice thread update to wake up to.  All the best for your continued recovery Neil.  And want to echo everyone's thanks for creating this group of misfits!

thanks, getting to Glastonbury is an important part of proving recovery to myself. :-)  

On 10/31/2021 at 7:51 AM, eFestivals said:

tracking now says... which means that royal mail has a parcel with my name on that might be this cheap scooter, talking of cheap scooters, i've been having a lovely one advertised at me, for eighty quid must be worth hundreds, the wife would kill me if i ordered it (even to sell on), but its been hard to resist.

Estimated date of arrival at the post office

04 Nov 2021 - 10 Nov 2021, 4 - 10 days remaining

The forecast is not 100% certain, and is based on 41 packages delivered in the last 60 days

[/quote]

Did this ever turn up? Really curious!

On 12/31/2021 at 12:53 PM, Neil said:

just filling in a blank from last year, i've said i've been unwell, and in hospital, but haven't said what happened, so time fror a reveal: i had a massive stroke: i lost movement in my left arm and leg, movement is back in my leg, but not normal i use a wheelchair and/or a stick,  the wife was told i'd lost my sight in my left eye, thankfully that didn't happen.

i'm on my way to a full recovery but life's a struggle when i need assistance to do lots of normal things. such as getting dressed.

doing glastonbury is going to be difficult but i'll try. 🙂 

Only just read this - so sorry you had to go through this, and still are. I had a migraine for the first time ever back in October (on my 34th birthday no less) and had some stroke like symptoms. After seeing a stroke consultant an actual stroke was ruled out, and it was deemed to be an atypical migraine, but that was terrifying. I'd hate to know what going through your experience was like. 

On 1/19/2022 at 1:35 PM, crazyfool1 said:

ok so some really good news on this and a massive thanks to all who donated .... @Pinrut suggested to me that we might do some form of collection for @Neil to help him towards that massive achievement of getting to Glastonbury ..... ive mananged to reach as many of the regular and active users as ive been able to via DMS , and apologies if ive missed you but weve managed to raise £1100 towards that effort 🙂 what an amazing community we have on here .

https://gofund.me/0d1aecea

over to Neil now to let you know what the money will be spent on 🙂 

I said I'd donate last year but didn't after Neil jumped on the messenger thread - will make a donation on pay day on Tuesday. 

Just now, blutarsky said:

no it dudn't i got sent  a usb charge lead from china which was the packAGE I WAS TRACKING. and i got my money back from paypal too.

nothing to get upset about as it always seemed too good to be true.

On 1/19/2022 at 1:35 PM, crazyfool1 said:

ok so some really good news on this and a massive thanks to all who donated .... @Pinrut suggested to me that we might do some form of collection for @Neil to help him towards that massive achievement of getting to Glastonbury ..... ive mananged to reach as many of the regular and active users as ive been able to via DMS , and apologies if ive missed you but weve managed to raise £1100 towards that effort 🙂 what an amazing community we have on here .

https://gofund.me/0d1aecea

over to Neil now to let you know what the money will be spent on 🙂 

Only just seen this - excellent work, donated. 

On 1/21/2022 at 10:50 AM, blutarsky said:

Only just read this - so sorry you had to go through this, and still are. I had a migraine for the first time ever back in October (on my 34th birthday no less) and had some stroke like symptoms. After seeing a stroke consultant an actual stroke was ruled out, and it was deemed to be an atypical migraine, but that was terrifying. I'd hate to know what going through your experience was like. 

I said I'd donate last year but didn't after Neil jumped on the messenger thread - will make a donation on pay day on Tuesday. 

what turned up was an extendable usb lead. useful, but not a scooter.

got a refund from paypal, so its all good.

38 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks although this was down to many people donating to the cause … we managed to total £1360 in the end with a final push once it was published on the forum 

I donated too and I was impressed seeing the result. Well done! I probably missed it as I saw it only in this thread so maybe more people missed it too, where it was published?

1 minute ago, e2p2 said:

I donated too and I was impressed seeing the result. Well done! I probably missed it as I saw it only in this thread so maybe more people missed it too, where it was published?

Just on this thread ..  initially I did it via dm as early on neil wasn’t aware .. although he fairly quickly found out 😂

14 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Wow, I just read the "news". Get well soon @Neil. @crazyfool1you're the best, it's a great idea!

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks although this was down to many people donating to the cause … we managed to total £1360 in the end with a final push once it was published on the forum 

Agree 👆🏽  Not sure how I missed this. Just pitched in. Thanks Alex. And thank you Neil for keeping this show on the road. Can’t imagine what life would be like without it…..

well apart from having more time to do things, and annoying the wife about Glastonbury rumours. 😀

2 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

well apart from having more time to do things, and annoying the wife about Glastonbury rumours. 😀

i'm annoying my wife by saying i'm definitely going to glastonbury, she reckons i can't do it, i reckon i can, she reckoned i couldn't get myself safely to walking footie and back (which i do every tuesday, and i can, so i'm not taking any notice of hewr telling me that some things are too much for me, without my wife's help, i'm going to occasionally need some occasional help from you lovely peeps, i can't put socks on by myself, i struggle to put some clothes on, particularly coats.

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

i'm annoying my wife by saying i'm definitely going to glastonbury, she reckons i can't do it, i reckon i can

Takes time for your brain to relearn what you can do. Being able to get and do things does wonders for recovery. After my brain op I didn’t start feeling better until I started doing things again. 

It’s good to get active as long as you don’t push it too far. 

• Upvote 1