"Breaking News"

marathonsteve

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:i probably wont shut up about it if it arrives, it'll be nice to have some mobility back and some independence.

Transformer, e fest in disguise.  Sorry, First thing I thought when I saw the name of it.  Seriously it will be of great benefit physically and mentally to get that degree of independence. 

48 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The efest meet is gonna look very different next year when we all rock up on mobility scooters … the efest hells angels 😇 

You can actually get a Harley mobility scooter.  A neighbour of mine has something similar 

8C239B1C-D3BC-45F8-902A-485B3A6F033C.jpeg.d9b5c2e66e1627862be0a88a4d844b6d.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

20 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Transformer, e fest in disguise.  Sorry, First thing I thought when I saw the name of it. 

think its called the transformer cos it folds up and unfolds with the touch of a remote control button.

20 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

The efest meet is gonna look very different next year when we all rock up on mobility scooters … the efest hells angels 😇 

glasto supplies mobility scooters  to attendees using its accessibility scheme it'll be interesting to see how well that works it'll have to work well for me to have an enjoyable festival.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

think its called the transformer cos it folds up and unfolds with the touch of a remote control button.

glasto supplies mobility scooters  to attendees using its accessibility scheme it'll be interesting to see how well that works it'll have to work well for me to have an enjoyable festival.

some good stuff in  there that should definately help .... access to the viewing platforms and toilets should make quite a difference to .... hopefully it should make the festival fun still 

14 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Probably too late for Neil but a number of websites are reporting Alanna9 as a possible scam. Really interested to see what turns up next week.

at those cheap prices i always thought it might be a scam, which is why i used paypal, you don't get a grands worth of mobility scooter for twenty quid, still hoping irt might come good. its also being reported as potentially legit.

On 10/23/2021 at 10:01 AM, eFestivals said:

not yet, tracking says it should arrive next week or the week after, fingers crossed. its so cheap, i want it.

tracking now says... which means that royal mail has a parcel with my name on that might be this cheap scooter, talking of cheap scooters, i've been having a lovely one advertised at me, for eighty quid must be worth hundreds, the wife would kill me if i ordered it (even to sell on), but its been hard to resist.

Estimated date of arrival at the post office

04 Nov 2021 - 10 Nov 2021, 4 - 10 days remaining

The forecast is not 100% certain, and is based on 41 packages delivered in the last 60 days

[/quote]

somewhen soon, wife permitting, there will be an efestivals cat, the wife agreed to a cat when i was in hospital, but i'm still waiting.... in anticipation and to fill my mycat-less  life, i've started reading the cats reddit and think i'm addicted to cat, there'll be cat pics galore here when cat happens, i'm gonna get cat a GPS and cat camera, and plan to make her a you-tube sensation.

can you tell i'm bored waiting for cat: wife says husband is all she can cope with at the moment. a cat as well would be too much.

anyone want to adopt man and cat open to offers... -P  

Edited by eFestivals

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

somewhen soon, wife permitting, there will be an efestivals cat, the wife agreed to a cat when i was in hospital, but i'm still waiting.... in anticipation and to fill my mycat-less  life, i've started reading the cats reddit and think i'm addicted to cat, there'll be cat pics galore here when cat happens, i'm gonna get cat a GPS and cat camera, and plan to make her a you-tube sensation.

can you tell i'm bored waiting for cat: wife says husband is all she can cope with at the moment. a cat as well would be too much.

anyone want to adopt man and cat open to offers... -P  

You can have my bloody one as she has kept me awake since 0400 😂

78423F32-63F4-49F2-917B-3548737A4BBE.jpeg

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i'm happy to have any cat adopt me, the wife says female kittens only.

Apparently there are lots of kittens around at moment as kitten season seems to have gone on longer than usual. If you get a kitten best to get 2 together. 
meanwhile here if a pic of my 2 girls 

FC032CD4-3880-4B6A-9022-1C63E126FA66.jpeg

B6AAF8F7-8A9B-42A6-A3B1-D23FC10CF871.jpeg

B330FB81-44BB-447D-BDCE-B481B8E1DC08.jpeg

2 minutes ago, sedra said:

Apparently there are lots of kittens around at moment as kitten season seems to have gone on longer than usual. If you get a kitten best to get 2 together. 
meanwhile here if a pic of my 2 girls 

FC032CD4-3880-4B6A-9022-1C63E126FA66.jpeg

B6AAF8F7-8A9B-42A6-A3B1-D23FC10CF871.jpeg

B330FB81-44BB-447D-BDCE-B481B8E1DC08.jpeg

Standard Issue Cats, those are but lovely.

reckon we can source a cat or kitten, i need to source a cat friendly wife first, she's just reminded me that i've banned people in the past for cat pictures. how times change.

• 2 months later...

just filling in a blank from last year, i've said i've been unwell, and in hospital, but haven't said what happened, so time fror a reveal: i had a massive stroke: i lost movement in my left arm and leg, movement is back in my leg, but not normal i use a wheelchair and/or a stick,  the wife was told i'd lost my sight in my left eye, thankfully that didn't happen.

i'm on my way to a full recovery but life's a struggle when i need assistance to do lots of normal things. such as getting dressed.

doing glastonbury is going to be difficult but i'll try. 🙂 

Oh man, that is proper scary stuff Neil. So glad you are still with us, as I know how these things can go.

All the best on the road to recovery, not always an easy road but I am sure you will get there.

I will watch out for you at Black Uhuru to join the mobility scooter skank and share a beer.

Bug love to your wife (forgot the forum name sorry)

@eFestivalsI can't imagine how difficult the past year has been for you, and for what it's worth, I know I speak for everyone when I wish you all the best for as full a recovery as possible. We've only briefly met a few times at the Glastonbury gatherings but you don't strike me as being that old to suffer such a terrible misfortune. Quite a sobering thought for someone approaching middle-age, myself. Life seems to constantly remind us of our fragility and much of what we place importance on, is actually pretty insignificant compared to the things that really matter.

Despite the obvious difficulties you've faced, to get the website back up and running is nothing short of miraculous and greatly appreciated. You've created a great little community here over the years, one that thanks you for your efforts and wishes you and your partner all the best in your continued recovery.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

@eFestivalsI Quite a sobering thought for someone approaching middle-age, myself. 

I remember turning 42 and  a chap where I worked pipped up and said "oh you are now in the age bracket to have a stroke" cheery chap. He had recently had one.

Time for an old joke I guess.

2 Nuns sat on a bench when a naked man walks past.

One had a stroke

The other couldn't quite reach