"Breaking News"

marathonsteve

the latest on my year of disasters....,

i rented a mobility scooter for a few hours yesterday  from the Shop Mobility service in bristol, as its more fun than my wheelchair, and then managed to rol the scooter over by being a bit speedy and wreckless, landing hard on my left shoulder, with my arm impacting my ribs, i was ok-ish a bit sore some grazes, and helped up by some nice people, i then went back home where i started to feel a bit shit, like i've broken a rib or two, so then called 111 to say i'd like to be checked out at the hospital, they took details and agreed so i went to a &e, which was packed, 27 people there, got seen in about an hour, and briefly checked out (no issues), and told they'd like someone else to check me but that would be a three to five hour wait, so sat back in the waiting room, where there was an announcement that there'd be a 12 hour wait, at which point i decided to bail out i didn't think i needed anyone else to see me, or that it was worth the wait, so went back home this morning i feel ok, a bit sore and bruised glad i didn't wait. careful of those mobility scooters, they roll over easily someone had warned me about that, i didn't pay enough attention.

i hope thats the end of my dramas.

On 3/1/2020 at 2:33 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tim Smith of Cardiacs suffers from a rare neurological condition and has been unable to perform live for a number of years. Please delete.

Tim pasd away a year or two back. 

53 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

You either need stabilisers or a speed limiter. 

Good that you’re getting out and about. Just take it steady. 

I'll be renting a different scooter next week for a month but will have to go steady with it need to keep away from the hospital, they'll have me back in there given half a chance. 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

I'll be renting a different scooter next week for a month but will have to go steady with it need to keep away from the hospital, they'll have me back in there given half a chance. 

Carlos fandango super-wide wheels, that's what you need. 

Glad you're getting out. 

25 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

oh mate , you are going through the wars.

it reminds me of seeing a chap coming out of the scooter place over by imperial park in hartcliff , he came out of the shop so fast , threw a 90 the thing was on two wheels , but fair play to him , he held his nerve , dropped it back onto four wheels and shot off up the pavement at approx 30mph , it gave me a smile all the way into the office in keynsham , and still makes me smile all these years later ,

Lol.....are you sure he hadn't just nicked it?

On 10/10/2021 at 9:45 AM, eFestivals said:

i rented a mobility scooter for a few hours yesterday  from the Shop Mobility service in bristol, as its more fun than my wheelchair, and then managed to rol the scooter over by being a bit speedy and wreckless, landing hard on my left shoulder, with my arm impacting my ribs, i was ok-ish a bit sore some grazes, and helped up by some nice people, i then went back home where i started to feel a bit shit, like i've broken a rib or two, so then called 111 to say i'd like to be checked out at the hospital, they took details and agreed so i went to a &e, which was packed, 27 people there, got seen in about an hour, and briefly checked out (no issues), and told they'd like someone else to check me but that would be a three to five hour wait, so sat back in the waiting room, where there was an announcement that there'd be a 12 hour wait, at which point i decided to bail out i didn't think i needed anyone else to see me, or that it was worth the wait, so went back home this morning i feel ok, a bit sore and bruised glad i didn't wait. careful of those mobility scooters, they roll over easily someone had warned me about that, i didn't pay enough attention.

Bloody hell your having a right nightmare.. Lol 

16 hours ago, Big durbs said:

oh mate , you are going through the wars.

it reminds me of seeing a chap coming out of the scooter place over by imperial park in hartcliff , he came out of the shop so fast , threw a 90 the thing was on two wheels , but fair play to him , he held his nerve , dropped it back onto four wheels and shot off up the pavement at approx 30mph , it gave me a smile all the way into the office in keynsham , and still makes me smile all these years later ,

not 30 mph, theyre speed limited at much less than that the faster ones  the road legal ones that tend to be bigger) only do 8mph the smaller ones about half that.

Edited by eFestivals

20 hours ago, eFestivals said:

as a sucker for punishment i ordered myself a cheap (bargain/cheap £18) mobility scooter yesterday, so cheap i reckon its prolly a scam, i paid with paypal just in case, i'm wondering if it will arrive.

https://www.alanna9.com/

too cheap to ignore, my order is now saying shipped looks like its shipping from china will hopefully arrive in around 15 days.

AND THE BREAKI NG NEWS from this is my elbOW, NOW WRAPPED IN PLASTER, I'M A BLEEDING IDJUT

I have an idea! It may hurt you physically, but could be a real money earner. Right, what 'we' do is promote the next time that you are going out on a Mobility scooter, and sell ringside seats to watch. There could be a tiered cost system with the cost higher you are closer to 'the action'. We could call you 'Evel K'Niel'vel'. 

Back to reality now - really sorry to hear about your 'crash'. Just what you f'ing needed, I'm sure! Hope you heal soon. Oh and if your going to hospital again, ask them to check that head of yours out while you are there! I am of course joking. Well, trying to be funny would be a better description. Can see how that could be taken two ways, but heavily suspect that you know which one is applicable.

All the best.