I just found this great deal on Glastonbury 2020 line up vinyls....the thread

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

Slightly off-topic but does anyone know why some Kylie Mingoue vinyls - her 00s stuff - Fever, Body Language - are so hard to find and/or expensive? I guess it's supply and demand, but i'm curious as to why more weren't issued? I remember Sainsbury's put out some a few years ago but they seem to be hard to find. The only ones i can see are around the £200/300 mark. :( 

There was very little issues on vinyl at that time, CD was king and the vinyl revival hadn't kicked in. Lots of albums didn't get a vinyl release at all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Anyone have any luck with the Love Records sale this morning? I managed to bag the Hinds and Bon Iver releases, was also after Up The Bracket but it seemed to sell out everywhere almost immediately 

Picked up Beach House - Teen Dream, which is still available.

5 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Anyone have any luck with the Love Records sale this morning? I managed to bag the Hinds and Bon Iver releases, was also after Up The Bracket but it seemed to sell out everywhere almost immediately 

I'm feeling bad now because I picked up Up The Bracket mostly to get me over the £50 limit. I also got First Aid Kit and John Grant. 

I've bought a lot of vinyl recently. Think I have about 6 orders that I'm waiting for as they have mostly been pre-orders. I already have a coloured vinyl version of Hinds so didn't bother with that one. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I'm feeling bad now because I picked up Up The Bracket mostly to get me over the £50 limit. I also got First Aid Kit and John Grant. 

I've bought a lot of vinyl recently. Think I have about 6 orders that I'm waiting for as they have mostly been pre-orders. I already have a coloured vinyl version of Hinds so didn't bother with that one. 

Luck of the draw mate! 

I've been the same recently. My copy of To Pimp a Butterfly arrived last week and I have the Bowie Glastonbury and High Violent special edition incoming. Got to stave off the covid boredom somehow 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I got nothing that I wanted, and a few releases I wanted aren't until RSD in August too! 

I've got a fair few pre-orders and recent purchases too! More than I realised until I looked at my order history and emails!

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Luck of the draw mate! 

I've been the same recently. My copy of To Pimp a Butterfly arrived last week and I have the Bowie Glastonbury and High Violent special edition incoming. Got to stave off the covid boredom somehow 

Yes I have High Violet coming as well. I already have the Bowie at Glastonbury one. 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Friday night drunken trawl through Discogs is how the real ones are fucking with covid.

I downloaded the Discogs app and about the only useful thing I have done during lockdown is catalogued my collection. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, hillwalker said:

How do you find this site? I’ve ordered a few bits from them last night as the prices were good then looked at their reviews online. They seem to get a lot of 1 star reviews and items don’t appear! 

I've ordered from them many times previously and never had any issues other than orders taking a while to be dispatched. Got some great deals though so can't really grumble. 10% off for first orders too.

34 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

I've ordered from them many times previously and never had any issues other than orders taking a while to be dispatched. Got some great deals though so can't really grumble. 10% off for first orders too.

Thanks, that’s a bit more reassuring. Yeah some really good prices on there. I’m happy to wait a while - been buying far too much recently so have quite a backlog to get through. Watching the glastonbury sets of an evening with a few beers hasn’t helped the impulse buys.

50 minutes ago, hillwalker said:

How do you find this site? I’ve ordered a few bits from them last night as the prices were good then looked at their reviews online. They seem to get a lot of 1 star reviews and items don’t appear! 

I’ve only used them twice so far. 

First order took about 3 weeks to come through. 

But it’s been the same for a few of the smaller (non-Amazon) retailers I’ve been using during lockdown.

I’m in no rush so it’s all good. Worth the wait for some of the prices I’m paying.

Second order only went on a few days ago. 

Edited by nikkic

1 hour ago, hillwalker said:

I've only ordered from there once and mine came next day with standard postage, so you might be lucky and avoid the issues other people have mentioned.

My dudes I’m looking for some speaker advice.

I currently have a Sonos Connect Amp and Sonos Play 5.

The latter of which has given up the ghost. 

Going to invest in some speakers to hook up with the Connect Amp. 

Any recommendations for speakers that will make my record collection pop? 

TIA

Did you brick your sonos on accident or it actually gave out. I mean you could get the One and maybe even see if you like the brand new Arc if you want to upgrade your tv system? Or find the play 3, they still exist. And if you wanted to save a little money, the ikea sonos speaker will do the job for only costing £99.

and re: the vinyl shop. It looks like theyre an offshoot of recordstoreuk, so if you had experience with them in the past, thats what to expect.

• 2 months later...