Choose from the Pool of Headliners

Chad888

You are the recruitment agent for FR and have £200 to put together the headliners for your R&L festival...from the headliner pool, who do you choose?

£100:

Rage Against the Machine, Travis Scott, Drake, Kanye West, Arctic Monkeys

£75:

Stormzy, Post Malone, Foo Fighters, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Muse, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Guns N Roses, The Killers, Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Gorillaz, Jay-Z

£50:

1975, Kings of Leon, Fallout Boy, Kasabian, Imagine Dragons, Bring me the Horizon, Paramore, Queens of the Stone Age, Blink-182, Biffy Clyro, Florence and the Machine, The Strokes, Metallica, Radiohead, Pixies

£25: 

Liam Gallagher, Courteeners, 21 Pilots, Dave, Blossoms, Bastille, Panic at the Disco, Diplo, Foals, Disclosure, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Asap Rocky, BBK, Royal Blood, Libertines, Hayley William's, Halsey, Vampire Weekend, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Streets, Arcade Fire

It's a tough one if you want it to hit all target markets and shift tickets whilst not seeming like some under performing show with low down target artists.

The prices here are based on latest show prices (ranked) and attendances/capacities.

You could go for 3 days of co-headliners: 4 x £25 and 2 x £50. But this would be pretty crap.

You can maybe have co headline Friday and sunday? 3 x £50 and 2 x £25, 1 £100 and 4 £25 etc

Or even 1 co headline and 2 bigger days of £75  with 2 £25

Or simply splash on the one day, spend big for a popular artist and then scrimp the final £25 like this year.

The 1975, they're my first pick out of everyone so i'm going to ignore that they headlined recently and book them again anyways

Kanye West, as long as he brings his all, i want a setlist of all the bangers including KIDS SEE GHOSTS, he has the songs to put on one of the greatest performances of all time

Foals + The Libertines, for a good indie night on the weekend, not saying The Libertines should headline Leeds Fest any year as they're not big enough to fill those shoes anymore but i'm a big fan of them and would love to see them take to the stage.. Foals on the other-hand should be big enough but they obviously don't realise that

1 minute ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

The 1975, they're my first pick out of everyone so i'm going to ignore that they headlined recently and book them again anyways

Kanye West, as long as he brings his all, i want a setlist of all the bangers including KIDS SEE GHOSTS, he has the songs to put on one of the greatest performances of all time

Foals + The Libertines, for a good indie night on the weekend, not saying The Libertines should headline Leeds Fest any year as they're not big enough to fill those shoes anymore but i'm a big fan of them and would love to see them take to the stage.. Foals on the other-hand should be big enough but they obviously don't realise that

If I saw R&L 2021 lineup released as:

Foals + The Libertines

Kanye West

The 1975

I wouldn't even care about the undercard in all honesty ... unless it was as bad as this year but I'd still book purely for the headliners.

1 minute ago, Chad888 said:

If I saw R&L 2021 lineup released as:

Foals + The Libertines

Kanye West

The 1975

I wouldn't even care about the undercard in all honesty ... unless it was as bad as this year but I'd still book purely for the headliners.

Sadly i think we'll be waiting some time to see The 1975 grace the stage again (but three years seems to be the minimum, 2022?)

Kanye has entered a new era in his life now it seems, wonder how long it'll last before the next project takes over but i'm doubtful he'll ever play a festival in the UK again.

Foals could of easily headlined this year but when i saw them announced as a sub at TRNSMT i knew it wasn't going to happen, if they're subbing major festivals at this point in their career i don't know if they'll ever make it to the top of Leeds again

The Libertines would make a fantastic sub or R1 Headliner but only got the chance to headline off the back of their comeback no doubt, won't ever happen again

Regardless of all that though, we can still dream

Foals as a full headliner with a proper 2 hour set. £25

Kendrick Lamar co-headlining because of his usual short sets but closing both sites.£75
Vampire Weekend co-heading with him but essentially being a sub. £25

The 1975. £50

Get The Streets to sub 1975 as I don’t think they’re big enough. £25

Perfect

10 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Travis Scott £100

Queens of the Stone Age £50

Royal Blood + Foals £25 each

Friday

Wolf Alice >> Halsey >> Royal Blood + Foals

Saturday

Harry Styles >> Tame Impala >> Travis Scott

Sunday

The Big Moon >> Idles >> Tyler the Creator >> Queens of the Stone Age

15 hours ago, Chad888 said:

You are the recruitment agent for FR and have £200 to put together the headliners for your R&L festival...from the headliner pool, who do you choose?

£100:

£75:

Stormzy, Post Malone, Foo Fighters, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Muse, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Guns N Roses, The Killers, Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Gorillaz, Jay-Z

£50:

1975, Kings of Leon, Fallout Boy, Kasabian, Imagine Dragons, Bring me the Horizon, Paramore, Queens of the Stone Age, Blink-182, Biffy Clyro, Florence and the Machine, The Strokes, Metallica, Radiohead, Pixies

£25: 

Liam Gallagher, Courteeners, 21 Pilots, Dave, Blossoms, Bastille, Panic at the Disco, Diplo, Foals, Disclosure, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Asap Rocky, BBK, Royal Blood, Libertines, Hayley William's, Halsey, Vampire Weekend, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Streets, Arcade Fire

Cool idea but not convinced on the pricing one bit haha

AM - QOTSA - ASAP/Foals

On 2/29/2020 at 11:12 PM, Chad888 said:

£100:

£75:

£50:

£25: 

The 1975, Bring Me The Horizon, Arctic Monkeys