The Jo Whiley "Reveal" Show

Stevie P-alike

How about this for an idea – on the days before the first poster is released, Jo Whiley does a slow-reveal on her show, playing a track from each of the acts on the main stages in reverse order, peaking with the Pyramid line-up. Maybe it would need to take place over a few days, come to think of it – could include brief interviews with the bands, perhaps get Emily on there too?

Worth paying your BBC licence fee for, I reckon.

Personally I’d rather a format which didn’t include having to listen to Jo Whiley in order to know who’s playing.
That said, I’ve nothing against a slow reveal. Most years I take henry junior to an airshow in Gloucestershire, which just happens to be the biggest and best in the world. And just like Glastonbury, the lineup is a matter of great debate. The enthusiasts want rarities from far and wide, whilst Joe Public wants the Red Arrows etc. And from about February, until July, one or two (or more) of the attractions will be announced each Thursday, and slowly - over the months leading to the show, the lineup takes shape.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Stevie P-alike said:

How about this for an idea – on the days before the first poster is released, Jo Whiley does a slow-reveal on her show, playing a track from each of the acts on the main stages in reverse order, peaking with the Pyramid line-up. Maybe it would need to take place over a few days, come to think of it – could include brief interviews with the bands, perhaps get Emily on there too?

Worth paying your BBC licence fee for, I reckon.

But radio doesn't need TV licence

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

They missed an opportunity in December to reveal an act an day in an advent calendar format.

Didn’t even have to be all big names either, could have been Taylor one day, Mik Artistik the next...

24 days with a different Mik track each day would have been great. 

29 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Didn't Radio 1's Zane Lowe show do this the Rolling Stones year, but starting at the top of the poster and working down song by song.  I remember it being quite good.  His show started at 7pm was synchronised with the poster drop.

He used to do it for Reading/Leeds 10/15 years ago. Radio on, line up dropped and scramble to get a ticket page refreshing non stop.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Actually.... Tomorrow is the first day of Lent - 40 days, 40 acts leading up to the poster on Easter Sunday.

Make it happen Eavis!

This is one of those ideas that sounds a lot better in theory than it actually works in practice.. I've seen a few festivals try something along these lines (off the top of my head, Shambala did a version of it last year), and it's very easy for interest to trail off after a few acts that aren't to your taste.