Setlists

Chrisp1986

I am one of those sad people who always researches setlists before going to a gig and have already spent plenty time looking at them for those year from the SRs.

The one I am most intrigued about is Kendricks, after telling myself I do not like him and will not see him, I decided to give him a chance and now I cant decide which tracks he could leave out! Looks like DAMN tour had very little from Butterfly but plenty Mad City.

Also where is current thinking with McCartney? As it's not an official tour is it going to be Greatest Hits?

Thought setlists deserved their own thread 😁

8 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Ah I thought these were just kind of separate gigs ie. Glastonbury warm ups and Glastonbury.

They pretty much are, it's just still labelled as the Freshen Up tour.

Tbh I expect the Glastonbury setlist to be a bit of a one off.

I expect Maccas set to be something special but still a lot of the familiars over the tour.

As for Kendrick I can see it being very heavy on what ever the new album is. Take his Reading setlist of 18 tracks, add on 3-4 more to that. Take off 3-4 tracks and have the 7-8 extras as new album tracks. 

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I expect Maccas set to be something special but still a lot of the familiars over the tour.

As for Kendrick I can see it being very heavy on what ever the new album is. Take his Reading setlist of 18 tracks, add on 3-4 more to that. Take off 3-4 tracks and have the 7-8 extras as new album tracks. 

I'd be surprised if Kenny did more than 20 tunes tbh.

No idea what to predict for the songs. Heavy on new ones (assuming it's out in time) but I feel like no older song would be guaranteed outside of maybe Kunta, DNA and Humble.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'd be surprised if Kenny did more than 20 tunes tbh.

No idea what to predict for the songs. Heavy on new ones (assuming it's out in time) but I feel like no older song would be guaranteed outside of maybe Kunta, DNA and Humble.

I think Mad city is 100%, along with Swimming Pools and Alright, apart from that it could be anything. What I will say is he doesn't seem to change his setlist up much on tour apart from maybe adding 1-2 extras (SZA pls) so I'm sure we'll know how it's going to go down fairly soon. 

Love looking at previous setlist’s! 
I feel like Paul, Kendrick and Taylor will all mix things up a little given it’s Glastonbury.

I remember last year I’d spent ages looking at previous Killers setlist’s, and was more than ready for them to open with ‘The Man’, was telling all my group that they’d open with it as well. I was well surprised (happily!) when they started with ‘Jenny was a friend of mine’! Made me look like a fool!

16 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I think Mad city is 100%, along with Swimming Pools and Alright, apart from that it could be anything. What I will say is he doesn't seem to change his setlist up much on tour apart from maybe adding 1-2 extras (SZA pls) so I'm sure we'll know how it's going to go down fairly soon. 

Also Bitch dont kill my vibe and backseat freestyle cant be missed in my book. I honestly cant believe how much I love mad city and Damn when I cany stand hip hop! Butterfly is just that little too much for me as it's rare I have time for full albums and feel that needs a run through whereas other 2 albums can listen to them by dipping in.

1 minute ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Also Bitch dont kill my vibe and backseat freestyle cant be missed in my book. I honestly cant believe how much I love mad city and Damn when I cany stand hip hop! Butterfly is just that little too much for me as it's rare I have time for full albums and feel that needs a run through whereas other 2 albums can listen to them by dipping in.

See where as I'm a fan of hiphop, not a huge listener but I like it when I do and TPAB is one of my favourite albums of all time. Would love These Walls, Wesleys Theory, How Much A Dollar and i on the setlist. It would make my weekend but I can't see any of them being there unless there's a huge change up to his setlists. 

2 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Taylors is the most interesting for me.Typically her setlists are heavily weighted on recent albums but I think we would all like to see something more greatest hits with 4/5 from Lover

What about this as a mix of realistic and hopeful:

The Man

Blank Space

Cruel Summer

London Boy

Gorgeous

Style

I Knew You Were Trouble.

I Did Something Bad

Delicate

Lover (piano)

Clean (piano)

The Archer

You Need To Calm Down

Bad Blood

Look What You Made Me Do

Love Story

All Too Well (acoustic)

We Are Never Getting Back Together

Encore:

...Ready For It?

ME!

Everything Has Changed (w/ Ed)

Shake It Off

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Macca's setlists have been fairly static for a few years now - a few variations here and there, but not much. I don't expect much different for Glastonbury other than a shorter than usual set (he usually plays c38 songs!) and maybe the odd surprise.

Yeah - he might stick in a Penny Lane or something, but it's not going to be vastly different.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

The Man

Blank Space

Cruel Summer

London Boy

Gorgeous

Style

I Knew You Were Trouble.

I Did Something Bad

Delicate

Lover (piano)

Clean (piano)

The Archer

You Need To Calm Down

Bad Blood

Look What You Made Me Do

Love Story

All Too Well (acoustic)

Encore:

...Ready For It?

ME!

Shake It Off

Perfection!

13 minutes ago, jparx said:

The Man

Blank Space

Cruel Summer

London Boy

Gorgeous

Style

I Knew You Were Trouble.

I Did Something Bad

Delicate

Lover (piano)

Clean (piano)

The Archer

You Need To Calm Down

Bad Blood

Look What You Made Me Do

Love Story

All Too Well (acoustic)

Encore:

...Ready For It?

ME!

Shake It Off

The only one I would change is probably Gorgeous for something like Red/22/Wildest Dreams/Getaway Car. She also does a lot of melodies so I'm sure we'll get some of that. Other than that this setlist is fab. 

I think we might get a few more from Lover though, like Paper Rings and Cornelia Street. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

The only one I would change is probably Gorgeous for something like Red/22/Wildest Dreams/Getaway Car. She also does a lot of melodies so I'm sure we'll get some of that. Other than that this setlist is fab. 

I think we might get a few more from Lover though, like Paper Rings and Cornelia Street. 

Dunno why but I think she will axe melodies for the festivals. Feel like it will be a straight up traditional set with less production than the stadium shows. More just Taylor, her band and the tunes. Might be way off though!

Aye totally forget Getaway Car. Belter of a tune. Big fan of Gorgeous as well though! There's gonna be some big casualties.

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Agree with all 4 suggestions there. Also need Out of the Woods somewhere

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Dunno why but I think she will axe melodies for the festivals. Feel like it will be a straight up traditional set with less production than the stadium shows. More just Taylor, her band and the tunes. Might be way off though!

Aye totally forget Getaway Car. Belter of a tune. Big fan of Gorgeous as well though! There's gonna be some big casualties.

Can we not just campaign for a three hour set?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Put Getaway Car on after All Too Well and you have a pretty great setlist, the way I'm expecting it is that the setlist is going to be amazing, I just personally need Style and All Too Well (the two songs that got me into her outside of the 'singles') but I think after the weekend is over I'll come back home and go 'awh damn we didn't get to hear Red, 22, Stay Stay Stay or Out of the woods.

Agree with the melodies statement, small production a few dancers and a band and It'll be great.

3 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Agree with all 4 suggestions there. Also need Out of the Woods somewhere

One of my favourites but I think it'll be knocked off.