Glastonbury secret sets 2020

jj200

11 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Didn't they do it in 2009? Somewhere in Shangri-La.

It was 2007 in The Ballroom, in the final ill fated year of Lost Vagueness.

Allegedly it was one of the factors in the relationship between Roy and the festival disintegrating, essentially because he wanted to put them on at 1am after everywhere else had closed which would have created a seriously dangerous crowd problem.

In the end I think they went on at about 11:30, and it was still utterly rammed.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Why would those acts warrant secret sets rather than just a normal slot?

Can't theorise for the other two, but maybe Royal Blood have new music on the way but just not in time for glastonbury, so might hold out for the third album and a headline slot next year (complete guess)? I know QOTSA did R and L secret sets the weekend Villains was released I'm just going along the same vein as that.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Why would those acts warrant secret sets rather than just a normal slot?

Well according to JJ Royal Blood aren’t playing so I think he needs to touch base with his “sources”.

Bombay told me they aren’t playing. At all. They never got the call, they weren’t asked.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yer actual Madness showing up somewhere discreet and dusting off a few ska covers and early bangers is something I could get my baggy trousers on for.

Brilliant, as soon as word gets out about the secret set 5000 punters doing the nutty boys walk to the John peel!