SWG3 Galvanize Festival

guylin29

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh come on now, is a 5k capacity venue really going to have names as big as many  in here are saying?

They’ve had Foals, The xx, LCD Soundsystem and more at this venue in the last few years, all of whom are a similar size to most of the acts being suggested. 

Looking at who’s around for August festivals, I’d like to see FKA Twigs, Idles, Robyn and Caribou as part of this, though some of those are maybe a bit too small. I agree with Supergrass, Two Door Cinema Club and The Libertines being very good shouts for this, I can see Rex Orange County playing too.

I wonder if The 1975 are lined up for this. An announcement on Monday would tie in with them playing The Hydro on Sunday night.

I would’ve previously said they were too big for a venue of this size but given they’ve played Glasgow 3 times in the last year and still have standing tickets available for their arena show on Sunday, it might be an ideal size for a sell out.

Edited by Stuart1000

4 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

I wonder if The 1975 are lined up for this. An announcement on Monday would tie in with them playing The Hydro on Sunday night.

I would’ve previously said they were too big for a venue of this size but given they’ve played Glasgow 3 times in the last year and still have standing tickets available for their arena show on Sunday, it might be an ideal size for a sell out.

They're doing Edinburgh Summer Sessions in August